What is your worst online dating site experience?

Most of us have tried it: eHarmony or Plenty of Fish, many more to mention - the actual sites where you're sort of expected to find a relationship. Those of us who've tried them all have that one memorable BAD experience from the opposite sex whether it was saying something horrible in a message or meeting and all hell broke loose when you saw them.

Painful? Or painfully funny looking back on it? What is your online-dating-site nightmare story?

Most Helpful Guy

• POF I was on a night out when I heard screams from a couple if girls shouting hey its him from POF... so embarrassed but funny looking back. I was due to meet her the next weekend and had lied saying I was on holiday the weekend she seen me, as it was a friends birthday and we were out on a double date!!. Needless to say we didn't meet up the following weekend and her messages through the week made me think she wasn't happy...

• This made me laugh! You must live in a small community! :D

• Just extremely unlucky. I'd never seen her out in town before or since... of all the weeks eh!

What Guys Said 4

• I met a lady online named Linda. She lived about an hour away from where I live. We were on the phone for 1 1/2 hours the first time we talked. We planned a dinner date. I drove to her town and met her. She was lovely, even prettier than her pictures. She was very pleasant to be with, the conversation flowed smoothly, and I felt an instant spark for her that I rarely feel on a first date. After dinner, we sat and talked for another hour. We held hands. We planned our second date for the coming weekend. I walked her to her car and gave her a goodnight kiss - not a sloppy kiss, but a kiss on the lips - and she was equally into kissing me.

When I got home, I texted her to tell her that I was home and I told her it was one of the best first dates I have ever had. She responded and said essentially the same thing to me.

The next morning, I texted her, "Good morning, beautiful." She responded, "I'm getting ready for work right now. I'll call you later."

That was the last thing that I ever heard from her.

• Wow. Very weird. Sounds like she must have had another great first date after you. :(

• I tried calling her later that day. I texted her, I emailed her. No response to anything. I actually checked the rime reports and obituaries in her hometown newspaper for about a week. She told me that her previous boyfriend had been very stalkerish after their breakup, so I didn't want to just drive back to her hometown and wait for her outside of where she worked. I mean. . . if she didn't want to see me, there's not really much point in going and talking to her, but it was really weird.

At our dinner date, she commented several times about how much she enjoyed being with me because I am intelligent and well-mannered. The best explanation I have considered is legitimate mental illness, not just crazy-because-she-doesn't-want-to-be-with-me crazy, but real nuthouse crazy.

It worked out for the best. I dated another lady for about 6 weeks after I met Linda, broke up with her, and then met another lady with whom I felt an instant connection. We've been dating for 6 weeks now.

• Oh well then it was meant to be a door closed then so you could have the opportunity to meet your new girlfriend.

• I had a date, from one of those, a girl who goes to the local university, that I'm alumni at. So we decided to meet on a campus coffee shop... she literally stood off 100 yards and just watched, making me think she had no-showed. A frigid bitch, ugh, and then she kept talking about guys stalking her or such.

On the flip side, I did meet a fun, carefree girl from one of those sites. She came over late one evening, we swam in the subdivision pool, watched a movie, had fun. She was pretty great.

• All of these sites are bullshit. I will never, ever, ever pay $$$ for that crap again. I noticed that the same people sign up on all of them. I dated 3 absolutely crazy chicks... won't do it again. I rather be hooked up with a blind date...

• Plenty of Fish was and I believe still is free, and eHarmony had free weekends during special times of the year such as Christmas. Those ones actually seem to produce more crap than one site you pay for to find a match! LOL

• That's right! People also lie their asses off on their profiles... and put up pictures that don't reflect how they look now!

• Yep. True!

• Tried Match and POF. The women on match are nicer. Lots of them are also on POF. POF wasn't as good for me. Lots that were NOT what I wanted... fat and tired.

What Girls Said 3

• Match. com this guy was messaging me that I wasn't into so he found me at a Meet Up and approached me like 'hey is me from match'. No. no. no.

• i have never been on any online dating site..

• I don't do online dating