Should I give him another chance? we went on one date that went well but what he texted me threw me off... help?

So I went on this date with a guy off of a dating website. The date went well he seemed like a gentleman and a nice guy we texted afterwards and the following day he check on me as well through text. He is a math major and I am currently studying calculus and so I needed a bit of help on a particular problem while I was working on an assignment at a coffee Shop. I mentioned that I like to study at coffee shops while on the date with him. In the text message I mentioned that he should help me with a math problem that I was needing help on go Korean jokingly insisting that he should come up to the coffee shop to help me. In his text reply he insisted that I go over to his place and he would help me there. So I joked around and said that we've only been on a date once and he could be a psychopath and if I were to go over there my family would never see me again lol. This was around 11p. m. and he replied" Well I'm not a psychopath and I'm not trying to kill you lol... I'm trying relax and maybe cuddle you to sleep " and that response to me was way too forward so I responded with " nowhere in that did you mention helping me with math which is what you initially invited me over for" and he responded with " I mean in general of course after helping you with your math" and I didn't respond. It had been seven days now. I feel maybe I was too harsh? Would like to give him another shot? Should I or is he a perv? What should I text him after 7 days? he hasn't tried texting me either. He is 24 I'm 23

Most Helpful Guy

• My take is that a lot of times people can read too much into texts/emails... if he would have said that in person and you could hear his voice inflections it would have been different.

What Guys Said 1

• He invited you over and you stopped talking to him. He probably thinks you've moved on.

Frankly after 7 days, good bet it's too late.

What Girls Said 2

• If you wasn't comfortable with what he said then you did the right thing to not respond to it, he could have meant it light heartedly. If it was me in that position I'd have just said it's too soon for that in my opinion but who knows what the future can bring :) If you still want to chat and meet up etc then just message him again.

• What he said was a bit too forward. If you aren't comfortable with that odds are he's not the one for you. But you could always say you'd rather take things slow.