Guys, does a girl's job status intimidate you?

Guys, say you're looking to meet someone new and you meet a girl who has more education and works a job that pays more than yours does. She is also attractive and smart.

Are you intimidated this?

• Yes
  • No

Most Helpful Guy

• There are a couple scenarios that you'll encounter.

One is the true fact that there are still guys nowadays who will see women as still "in the kitchen." They will be turned off.

The other is the fact that some guys may or may not necessarily be intimidated but not have high hopes. This is because they know the average woman is hypergamous. This means they figure the woman just won't be interested.

Then there are guys who just feel it won't work out because the woman will just be working too much. Some women have dated business men and can tell you how unavailable they are.

Them you'll have guys who just love the idea and will see it as a woman who has no possibility of leeching and such. A lot of guys see how fake women can be with pretending to be independent and such. So meeting a real deal will be a relief.

What Guys Said 17

• No, I'll just think "Holy shit, lets not fuck this up, cause she seems like a keeper".
    I like powerful and ambitious women, those that go for what they want, but also those that still want to have a family. I think the last part is the only thing that I would worry, if she's so focused on her job that she won't wanna start a family. I know I'm asking her for 9 months of pregnancy and a couple months with the kid, but that's it, I'm not asking her to stop working, I'll happily be a stay-at-home that if I have to.
    Give me your heart and a baby, and I'll be in debt with you forever.

• No, if girl is works and makes more money than me i am happy for her that's awesome and not intimidating at all...

• Nope not intimidated at all. I'd be impressed. I love a smart woman. Intelligence is such a positive thing. If she makes more than I do then we'd be in great shape is all I have to say. I'd suggest us both working part time and having a great life.

• Hell no that's a big turn on. Love a woman who is driven and is pursuing her career.

• No, I wouldn't be. I will only think of it as good thing if you are more educated and have a higher paid job than me. I am not so fussed whether she is attractive or not but I would love it if she was smart. Sounds like a keeper to me. If any guy is insecure about this then they aren't worth your time.

• I'm not intimidated per se but I'd be wondering if she's thinking that she's too smart, or educated, or well off than me, and that I'm not on her level.

• A job is not something scary so no need to be intimidated.

• As long as she's not throwing it in my face, I have no problem.
    I love smart women, better than walking to a wall.

• Not at all... if she's successful in whatever job I'll be happy for and proud on her :D

• ... Excuse me?

• You have it backwards. It's typically women who have a problem with men who make less than they do.

• Exactly what I was thinking

• @Asker So if the guy was great but worked as a journeyman electrician making half what you make, you'd be okay with that?

• If he liked his job a lot then yeah I'd be okay with it. I'd want him to be happy and not stressed about work or worst of all, unavailable

• No, why would I be intimidated? Why should the man always be more successful than his girlfriend?

• Time status > job status.
    But I feel intimidated when a manager likes me.

• Let me quote my economic's teacher "Marrying a sugar mama is the best."

• However I have a preference for more submissive women in more submissive jobs

• Not I would love to be in a relationship with a girl who is smarter than I am

• i'm not intimidated but it is definitely a turn off

• Is it a turnoff because you feel emasculated?

• as i said earlier a relationship can work with me when she is more successful or has a strong career... i'll just never marry her

i want a wife... someone to raise my kids... because after all i will choose my wife because i want her personality reflected in my kids not some baby sitter and i want someone to take care of me... in traditional marriages and ideology it is up to the woman to keep a family happy and personally i like that

• and yes asker that is my point

What Girls Said 0