Guys, would go hold off on dating a girl because you don't have a job or money to take them out?

12

Most Helpful Guy

• Bartender I know, wants me to come to her bar. I get it, she's just trying to make money herself soooo she says "come to my bar (in a flirty way), so I said well, I can't this month, I'm a little strapped for cash because I'm still in school and don't have a job. I pay at least 500 for two classes so yeah. Anyway, she says "don't worry about it, it'll be on me" (she's buying). So I said "nah, I couldn't do that to you, I will come in next month when I get some of my money that I'm getting elsewhere. She never really replied back after that. I don't understand

What Guys Said 11

• No, I'll tell her the truth and tell her that we kick back at my place or hers, we get to know each other that way. We walk in the park, go on the swings, talk til sunset, watch a movie at home, eat at home, get her comfortable, bring her flowers and tell her what nice day I had.

• I probably would, yes. I would be fine with staying friends, but I'd like to have money first, though, to be able to take her places. Dates are a lot more enjoyable when there's money. However, I wouldn't let a girl I'm seeing pay for it. Ever. Not because of something sexist, but because it's part of being a gentleman to pay for the girl. Even if being a gentleman isn't popular, that's still how I intend to treat a girl I'm seeing. So, yes, I suppose I would hold off until I've got at least something to spend.

• I would avoid the dating scene all together.

• Yep. Girls like to be taken out and have money spent on them. I wouldn't be making a good impression if I did neither.

• Even if you've known the girl for a year and knows the situation and doesn't care if you don't go out out? Is that guy thing that they have to pay for everything and spend money whether necessary or not?

• First question: if that's the case I'd be more lenient on it.

Second question: its not necessarily a guy thing so much as it is a perceived expectation by girls of guys.

• It's not a guy thing, it's a women expecting it out of men thing. But personally, given these circumstances you just brought up, I would probably still attempt to get a date going.

• No, I wouldn't hold off. If a girl only cares about my money, then I don't care about her.

• I would, it'll make me feel bad that I wouldn't be able to take her out

• I would hold off on asking a girl out if I was broke. If she asked me out I'd say yes though.

• No, but I would tell her from the get go that it wasn't anything official.

• definitely I would hold off until I had money.

• No I wouldn't hold off dating her I would just take her to places that dont cost money like a lake, beach, observatory...

• I've done that in the past but it's a risky tactic coz she might get taken. I delayed asking her out but I stuck around in the mean time as a close friend, knowing all the while that if she stayed single it'd still be a bit of a leap of faith asking her out after a few months of nothing more than friendship. Luckily she said yes, I admitted later on why I didn't ask her out sooner. She said she thought that was the case. lol