I impulsively made an online dating profile post-breakup. I have a date this Friday and am not fully feeling it but don't wanna miss if he's great?

I'm not usually the online/app dating type but I have a date this coming Friday with a guy I met on a dating app. We've talked a couple times and he seems perfectly nice. I just have a hard time feeling a connection via text which makes it hard for me to not dread going out Friday. I'm also not 100% certain im ready to date since I made my profile impulsively out of fear of being alone. At the same time I don't want to miss out if this guy ends up being amazing. Should I just go anyway?

Most Helpful Guy

• if you aren't ready to date then you shouldn't date. and fear of being alone isn't really the best reason to date. you can be "not alone" without having to date. date because you are ready to share your life with someone

that all said, go into the date with an open mind. if at the end you aren't feeling it then no harm no foul and you can walk away

What Guys Said 10

• You'll regret it more if you don't go. Give it a chance, go into with zero expectations as far as leading to a relationship or anything like that... it's just going out to have fun in a social environment with a member of the opposite sex. Totally normal & healthy thing to do. Good luck!

• Don't miss it, you told him you'd go, then go. If you feel you're not ready you can say it didn't work or you can just tell him the truth about it.

• Just make it an extension of the online chatting at first... and best have the date at a public place. That's always best when you don't know the guy.
    You'll automatically feel if the nice contact becomes a very nice contact... no hurry, just try to relax and enjoy the date :D

• Tell him how you feel in advance. It will remove some pressure and you might be able to enjoy it more.

• Go on the date. Have a good time. One date isn't a commitment. If you're not feeling the guy, or just aren't ready, then let him know. Be honest. If you like him and you just aren't ready, hit him up and ask him out when you are ready. :)

• I'd go! No need to do a second date if you don't totally dig this guy. But give him a chance! He could be awesome, and your impulsive decision to make the profile could TOTALLY pay off.
    Good luck!

• You should follow with what you heart tells you..

• Depends on your first date destination.

• life is about choices and gables.. roll the dice.

• Sooner or later, everyone succumbs to trying online dating, it's a fact of life, don't fight it yo

What Girls Said 1

• Just go. It's only one date anyway. Not any sort of commitment. You don't even need to officially date him; think of it as a hangout to test the waters. To see if you guys click. If you don't, you could just enjoy your time together on a platonic level till the end of the date.