Relationship anxiety?

I haven't dated too many people and this is why. I start out as a really cool easy going girl. I'm laid back, and super chill. Then one day BAM the anxiety will kick in. Usually, I begin to over analyze what he is saying and doing. It's ruined many what could have been, great relationships for me. Currently, I am seeing this guy and he is amazing and I adore him -- but I can't sit back and enjoy myself because of this anxiety and I know it's creating a bit of a rough patch for us. He seems to be supportive and patient with me but I'm afraid he'll just give up on me.
Do you experience anxiety and insecurity in relationships? Have you dated someone who has? How do you resolve it?

Most Helpful Guy

• What are you worried will happen?

What Guys Said 3

• Never dated anyone, but got really close to my best friend. She and I would talk days on ends. First, we were chill, but when I started developing feelings for her, I became more insecure about myself around her. So yeah, I have anxiety and insecurity in my relationships. I relate to ya, sister!

• I don't wanna rain on your parade, but there is no physiological evidence of social anxiety in the brain or any chemical imbalances, which means its all in your head and most likely this issue is due to some childhood or teen trauma in your past. I'd recommend seeing a therapist so they could help you find out why your having these issues.

• no it willbe ok

What Girls Said 1

• I do, I had a very strict Chinese mother and developed a butt load of mommy issues abd anxiety/self esteem problems.
    I have trouble expressing myself emotionally (I hadn't cried since 12~18 years old) and so far still have never shouted or fully express anger.

I didn't really notice until I left for college and started dating my first boyfriend. I realize that I get self conscious really easily and got jealous in a I'm worthless kind of mind set. I had a month where I just cried a little every night because I'm anxious about something or other.

Just talking to him whenever I feel an upcoming bout works best, he'll tell me I'm being stupid, abd if he's the right one he'll know what to say and wouldn't get short with you.
    talk to him about why you think you have anxiety issues. Just talk, you'll be surprised that even a good humored eye roll will save you seven nights of crying before bed. :3