Is it still common for guys to pay for everything on dates?

Im 22 dating a 20 yeaer old girl who is unemployed and I pay for all our dates, is this still customary? Like should I say something cause it is a tad annoying or is this just the natural course of dating. She's the first girl i've ever dated who literally never contributes anything monetarily.

Most Helpful Girl

• The guy I'm dating paid for the first date even though I was the one who asked him out because it was a long drive for me- I had every intention of paying for the both of us, however. Since then, we make sure to take turns paying. For example, he drove 40 minutes to a movie theater near my hometown on our last date and when he pulled out his wallet to pay I told him no- I was paying and it was best not to argue. Needless to say, that date ended in an awesome kiss.

I'm an adult and want a balanced relationship. Sure I'm unemployed and working miscellaneous jobs myself for the time being, but I sill pay. It sounds like you're letting her treat you like a meal ticket... don't.

What Girls Said 4

• Most girls prefer to split the bill or take turns paying for dates. But most girls are employed. :/

• has she been unemployed from the start?

• we've only really been dating for like a month and yes, she's in school which I get. But so am I and i still work.

• I mean I dont suggest going out all that much just because i Know her situation but she does suggest lunch and dinner, nothing extravagant but still the fact that I pay for everything is kinda becoming a cause for maybe calling this off at a risk of not wanting to be used.

• i think you need to address this carefully if you like her... tell her you cannot afford it as you need to work your way through school and she gets help so she is lucky (even if it is untrue it will show you her true colours) if you continue to pay though she will expect it forever...

• she might not intentionally want you to pay for everything. she's just going with the flow of your relationship because you are paying and she thought that you hate it when she'll pay since she might hurt your pride. if you want her to also contribute monetarily, talk to her about it even in a joke way. or else if you let it continue, you'll have to pay for everything till the end

• I thought the man was supposed to support the woman was how its always been men are the providers so why complain when u have to pay for a date when I'm sure your the one who asked her out to begin with my husband pays for all of our dates

What Guys Said 3

• unfortunately it's still happenin but in a smaller degree... i say unfortunately since we live in 21st century and this shouldn't be a thing anymore in my opinion.

but if she's unemployed... eh ok i'd pardon u. basically this was da reason y men paid... most women didn't work back then that's y.

• for the most part, yeah it is. but its 2015, people are changing it up.

• If I ask her out I expect to pay, if she asks me out I expect her to pay. When you offer to entertain someone you don't ask them to pay, it would be like inviting them to your house for dinner then handing them a bill.