Will me and him work?

We sort of have very different values.

Me: wants children
Feminist
Believes happiness outweighs any suffering I experience. Glad to be alive. Lol.

Him: doesn't want children
Anti feminist lol (although he does believe in equal rights)
Believes suffering outweighs any contentment (he believes in anti-natalism)

But he's a lovely guy, I find him very attractive and we do have some stuff in common! We're both English students, ambitious, we have chemistry. He's extremely posh (imagine the queens accent... that posh lol) and well off, I'm basically not like that! I'm not common but it's clear to say we come from very different backgrounds. His ancestors are aristocracy, mine are workers and labourers. I feel like he's a bit snobbish sometimes but I don't know. Guess I need to get to know him more.

• Could work
  • Won't work
  • I don't know lol

Most Helpful Guy

• this guy sounds like a fucking tool

• and also when you say "work" do you mean get married?

that'd be extremely unlikely

• I just mean if we were ever in a relationship
      He's a nice guy still

• he may be nice to you because maybe he likes you

the real judge of character for a person is to see how he treats

A: people he has power over

or

B: people he doesn't want or need anything from

but unless you are very submissive you're going to hate him bitching about women or him being snooty

What Guys Said 12

• when it comes to stuff like having kids or not, if you're on opposite ends, you're just wasting time with him. Some guys change but you really can't bet on that with your case, far better to have someone closer to your values like being open to kids but not necessarily in a rush to have them. The way you describe him, it may be hard to let go of him. Then again you're 19, why not explore and see where it goes, its not like you'll be having kids right now anyways. Enjoy your youth. :)

• If you feel Chemistry, don't waste it :D
    Based on your story, it will be a challenge to make it work. But I believe it can work... I'd say just go for it and if it works, talk about the children thing.
    That's probably the most delicate thing... in the other things you can give each other some space to be different, they won't break your relationship!

• hell no.
    u'll fight against each other sooner or later. especially by da fact u want kids but he doesn't... now bout this feminist thing's another reason u'll fight again.

so nope, sorry

• if its just a fling or just dating i would say yea but in the long run prb not someone will have to compromise and somethings just can't be compromised i say don't waste your time i think different personalty's might work but not serious views and things like having kids

• I think the one drawback is that you want kids and he doesn't so that
    is something that may cause it not to work out ,

• Rich people are snobs.. pretty much.
    Fed the silver spoon by their parents, everything is bought for them. Take away their wealth they're the most insecure people on the planet.

I should be the modern day Robin Hood.

• The kids thing alone is probably going to stop you because if you two became fully committed one of you is going to be miserable either him having to deal with kids he doesn't want or you being childless.

• That's what relationships are for just try and find out I guess

• I don't think why it couldn't work, if you both are able to find a middle path. Feminism is about equal rights only in my opinion not what many other people interpret it to be. So both of you are similar in that.

• As long as you respect each other and their choices, it should l work!

• Won't work, now move your ass to my hometown hahaha :D

• Sounds like titanic, only, reversed

What Girls Said 2

• the not wanting kids would be a deal breaker.

• You two really look like me and my boyfriend... seriously. We are together for 2 years now, but it wasn't been always roses. If you know what I mean. But I believe you guys can work and be in a relationship :) It'll be forever? Maybe not, but if you never try you'll never know.