Why do girls get attached after sex?

I'm quite upfront withgirls - I tell them that I don't mind having some fun but nothing serious, and that I'm seeing other girls as well. That I'm we're not exclusive until I say so.
They're still okay with it and decide to have sex.
Then a few days later they become really attached and possessive. When they find out that I've spent a night with another girl, they get really upset and sometimes even turn against me. I just don't get it.

Most Helpful Girl

• Bringing science and biological stuff in here, haha.

Oxytocin is released when two people have sex. This hormone reduces stress as well as increases a "bonded" feeling towards one another. It's kind of nature's way to bond two people so they can raise children.

Also, women are more emotional creatures, while men are more sexual. Because of this, many women look for more meaning or value in sex than men. There are several women that have sex with a guy, then falls for them because of it.

This one is my experience as well as opinion, but I also believe some girls think they can "change" a guy. The girls are most-likely attracted to you emotionally to a degree. If you tell them you are seeing multiple girls unless you say they're exclusive, they'll want to be the "exclusive" girl and have you commit.

What Girls Said 4

• It is actually a chemical in their brain that causes that. It probably goes back to the use of sex for procreation. Women are intended to mate with men, and then carry their babies around for 9 months. If they felt no attachment and just wandered off, we wouldn't have families and almost everyone would be a single mom.

• I don't have casual sex for that reason. We ate emotional creatures and no matter how much we psych ourselves up to think that we can just have sex with no attachment, most of us can't.

• You need to watch out then. I do not believe that I would be a clingy virgin. I have been emotionally hurt so much that I can detach myself from my emotions when I feel the need to. I am possessive, but in different ways. These girls are deluding themselves and you need to make it absolutely clear what your intentions are because they aren't getting the point for some reason.

• Some girls believe that they can change a guy from his bachelor ways to more of a commitment way. They believe that you two would make a good couple, but both of you had very different opinions.

What Guys Said 5

• If you are at least 25 years old and have experience dating women, you know that they don't always say what they mean, right?

• Here is the real answer, no bs.
    For men: Sex is a physical action, orgasm is a physical reaction to stimulation.
    For women: Sex is physical, but its rooted in how she feels emotionally. So its not that she's attached afterwards, its the emotional feeling during sex that she misses.

• It's built into their DNA the whole protect young thing instinct is a powerful thing it gives us resolve and power.

• Girls are just like that bro, they say they won't get attached but deep down they do, females are very emotional about sex

• It would be too easy otherwise.
    Seriously though, sex is about more than sex for men and women. It's bound up with ego and social status in all primates. A man largely gets gratification from a woman consenting to sex, a woman largely gets it from attaching a man's affections.