Am I dating too old and the wrong guy?

So I'm 15 and I started dating a 18 year old (I was not forced into anything I really like him) My parents don't know and I'm scared that they would not like this. I am also scared about what the school will think. He's so sweet and we've been friends for over 6 months and just decided to date now. I am NOT scared about he will do because he will not push me to do anything. I am just scared that him being older will lead to people getting pissed or judging... so do you think this is something people will talk about?

Most Helpful Girl

• Ehh, personally I think it's not a great idea because he's going off to college (I assume) and you're still in HS. Plus, you're jailbate. I had a friend who was doing the same thing as you and it hurt her greatly in the end. People judge others about any and everything. No matter what you do people will judge. Don't let it bother you.

What Guys Said 1

• Well, when you think of it, you two are just buddies. If he's not pushing you to do anything and you don't want sex, you can pretty much say you are buddies since there is no real difference...

What Girls Said 4

• Your parents probably wouldn't like it, no. At your age, that's a bit of a big age gap. And if you two have sex, he can get into serious trouble.

• yes you are.

• I really wish it wasn't a big deal. 3 years between you guys is not a lot at all to me. It's not like you're some prepubescent child being coerced and he's some creepy old man. He's a teenager, even if he's legally an adult. My advice would be to introduce him to your parents first and see how they like him, then tell them his age and see how they react. Maybe even get his parents to meet your parents.

• Although there isn't a big age gap, he is still 18 and your parents may not approve of it. I've always stuck to this motto--if I can't tell my mom, then I shouldn't be doing it.