How do you put yourself out there? (In terms of dating)?

I'm extremely shy and my friends always tell me I need to put myself out there. How exactly should I do that? I mean I work and I'm currently studying for grad school so I don't go out as much as when I was in college. Also I feel as though bars/clubs are not places to try if I'm looking for something serious. So any advice? Thank you

Most Helpful Guy

• Your a girl you should have no problem getting a guy.
    I stopped trying.

• Just because I'm a girl doesn't make it any easier.

• It hasn't worked to my advantage.

• Give it time it will.

What Guys Said 3

• Do what you love and you'll find you will meet people your age who knows you might end up dating them. But don't look for a boyfriend - good things come to those who wait, just enjoy your life do what you love doing

• Try a dating site. Seriously. Just weed out the weirdos first.

• I know how you feel. I am finishing up my associates and will be going to a university then graduate school immediately after. I am hoping I'll find someone by the time I finish my masters degree.

What Girls Said 2

• I do what I normally do. I've never had to go out of my way to meet guys. If you have an active life, then you'll meet someone.

• i talk to guys.