One of my boyfriends female friends died in a car accident, I don't know her and he doesn't live nearby what should I do?

one of my boyfriends female friends died in a car accident today, i don't know her as he knew her when he lived in his home town before he moved here and he doesn't live nearby right now (I'm a college kid and he works away from home) as he's 3 hours away working, what should i do? we're on the phone right now, he called me to talk about it but i"ve never really dealt with the death of a friend myself so i don't know what to do and i'm already awkward when it comes to talking on the phone or well any type of conversation and i've never done well at comforting either... so help please

What Guys Said 1

• just listen and be there for him, reassure him you care for him, he just needs to let it out

What Girls Said 1

• let him know that you are there for him.