Guys, would you date a girl with depression and/or anxiety?

• Yes
    76% (34)
  • No
    13% (6)
  • Just want to see the results
    11% (5)
And you are? I'm a GuyGirls can not vote on this poll

22

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes I would.

I've struggled with the same so I'm not sure if we'd be a good mix but I wouldn't rule out a girl because of those issues. I'd do my best to get better and help her at the same time.

My own preference is to 'get better' before I get a girlfriend but that's for my own reasons. I want to make sure that I am strong enough to avoid abusive relationships and that I know what I want. But I suppose that also means that I will be able to help any girl who struggles with the same issues.

What Guys Said 21

• I would. She might have other things about her that I like a lot. Maybe she will work her way through it eventually.

• I have in the past, it was a harrowing experience. But if you care about someone you deal with that stuff, and it's not something I would run away from.

• Yes, wouldn't be deal breaker I've dated 2 ex gfs who had mental health problems and i got Bipolar , Anxiety, Depression myself ,

• I could to a point, if she couldn't learn to deal with it or refuse to deal with it ever and it affected our relationship negatively then I would have to let go eventually.

• As long as she's doing something to treat it, yeah.

• Is sheat-least *trying* to handle it? Or am I just to be the prisoner of her endless sorrows?

• Maybe. Depends on how much it affects her life.

• I would, because they deserve someone to take care of them and help them any way they can. I have depression and anxiety so I know what they are going through and I can help them and they can help me.

• Sure. I have the patience. :)

• Ive' dated girls with wayyy worse mental issues than those

• Lol everyone gets its or has it all the time it may make u understand some one more because u know how they feel

• I did once and it kicked my ass. No way Jose !

• No, I would become her friend thought and help her though the depression.

• Nope, sorry. Too much baggage. I have enough problems of my own.

• Yes, depression is temporary

• Yes I would because I have it so I know how to deal with it and make someone feel better

• yes because am not a judgmental twat and I give people chances ugly or not ugly everyone deserves at least hope to be with someone they want to be if you want just check my Facebook profile its Jamie Beckett same pic you don't need to add you will see that am kind and have a laugh with anyone one there's a video with a guy that's ot depression and he lends me his phone for like 1 hour even though it won't turn on just some people are nicer than others you just got to find a good guy and trust me there out there x

• No. I know a girl like that. When I talk to her she gets me all depressed and I don't like that feeling.

• ofc if i was attracted to her

• Because refusing to do so (just for that reason) would seriously limit the market. Nobody's perfect. Occasionally I feel like I could be suffering from either of those things, and I think that it can be a symptom of being overly helpful all the time or of being a decent person... not really a bad thing!

• Unlike most desperate guys, I think I can pass on someone who really shouldn't be dating until they've gotten their issues better resolved.