Can I say "I love you" over the phone?

My boyfriend is away for 2 months and we haven't said I love you yet. We wanted to wait until he gets back but it keeps slipping and we disregard it because it's a slip. I was drunk a few nights ago and my friend told me that i told her that i loved him over and over again. I really do think i love him and I want to tell him but I don't think it can wait 6 more weeks. Is it okay to say over the phone in this context? I want it to be the right moment next time instead of accidental slips.

• Say it
  • Wait
I know that he's ready to say it. He said he's respecting my wishes by waiting for me to say it first

Most Helpful Girl

• There is never a bad time to tell someone you love them. Never.

What Guys Said 3

• Of course you can! You can say it over the phone or while you moan. You can say it in a house and even with a mouse. You can say it with a fox in a box! You can say it with a goat, you can say it in a moat.

Ok I'll stop but yeah go for it...

• yeah i don't see sayin it would be bad. also mentionin u miss him wouldn't be bad either, if it happens only once... u won't sound clingy/needy

• We say we miss each other all the time but I really love him and I don't think he knows because of his depression. He loves it when i seem clingy

• really? thought most guys find it repellent..

• "I don't think it can wait 6 more weeks" seriously?

What Girls Said 1

• You need to wait. Saying a "I love you" should be special on a nice romantic date or something like that not over the phone. Besides, I think it'd be much more romantic that he were to say it.