What would you do?

If your boyfriend suddenly tells you he's going to the Army in 6 months?

Most Helpful Girl

• i'd ask why the hell is he only bringing it up now. you don't just drop a bomb like that on someone (heh), you have to tell them as soon as you start even having thoughts about making such a big decision. honestly if a guy just springs something like that on me i would think he didn't respect or value me as much as he should and would probably break up with him even over that alone. and i wouldn't take him back even if he changes his mind and decides to stay. you don't just tell someone you're close to you're leaving for six months, like it's no different than stopping by the store on the way home. how would you like it if you girlfriend decided to study abroad and told you about it the day before she left?

• If I truly love her, I would support her decision

What Girls Said 4

• It would get me down and worried that I didn't know he signed up for it but it's no reason to break-up.

• good for him. if our relationship is strong enough then we should be okay

• The fellow I'm seeing is in the army, so I gotta say I'd be ok with it.

• I'll support him all the way, and if he's busy or tired I'll understand. Perhaps on weekends I would be willing to crash at his house and keep him company whilst he rests. Do you mean voluntary military or national service? Some countries apparently have mandatory conscription...

• Voluntary.

• Hmm in that case I would be more worried but I wouldn't break up obviously, just pray he is safe.

What Guys Said 3

• Well I can't answer as a girl, but if my girlfriend were going into the army, I think we would break up when they left in 6 months. Lots of inter-dating and mingling with locals where the training camp is- at least form what I have heard form those who are in.

Also I would not like to deal with the long distance and only sometimes seeing them. It would not be for me.

• I'd tell him as a buddy that he better prepare to get cucked.

• i looking for a new boyfriend.