Why do guys keep asking why girls date older guys?

I've been on here for a while now and I keep reading about guys asking why girls date older guys. So why do guys keep asking? I mean I'm dating a 42 year old and we met when I was 19 and been talking every sense now I'm 20

Most Helpful Guy

• I dont know... I date a younger woman. I dont think its a big deal.

• thanks

• Thank you.. I knew nothing was wrong with it but guys keep asking.

What Guys Said 10

• Well, I know that if I was into older girls - turning this around - then it'd probably be for reasons of maturity, more than anything. I've had a really hard time with relationships with girls younger than me because they're usually really immature and the relationship dies off really fast because of it.

• I've personally never asked because the answer I read is usually always the same.

1. their maturity is what I am looking for
    2. where they are in life suits me more than guys my own age
    3. I just like older guys

• I don't think they like the maturity inference.

• Pretty cool. :)

• Guys ask because it's peculiar. This seems like a loaded question.

• Because so many young guys don't get pussy and are jealous of the guys who do. Then they start playing the "Why'd she pick him, he's [old/fat/short/dumb/a badboy]" self-pity game because it's easier to blame girls for their social failures rather than improving themselves. The lack the balls and self-awareness to get what they need, so they just pout. A lot of it is based in a sense of entitlement that breeds jealousy of what others have.

• Guys maybe asking because they think you have daddy issues because you date guys who are older enough to be your dad!!!

Out maybe because they feel jelly..!

• You could get a younger, nicer looking guy.

• Why would I date a younger guy.

• I'm doing fine with the guy I'm with guys that are young act like a kid someone in my family is dating one I dont have time

• Cool

• Because its not a typical thing, I mean its like, people don't understand what the possible reason some young women or men could desire to be in a relationship with someone that could be their parent... Could you explain why for me?

• Its a long story but we met and I could never stop thinking about him we talk every day and we fell in love. age to me ain't nothing but a number

• LOL I love it when someone young says they "met when she/he was [age]" when she/he could just say "we met last year". Anyways, this guy is old enough to be your dad. You can't socialize with people your age?

• Tried that done that over that.

What Girls Said 2

• they probably dont understand what older guys have that younger guys dont.

• Thank you AmandaLynn1930

• Its because there is such an age gap. They wonder why a person your age would want to date someone so much older than you. They can technally be your father! Its like what does a 20 year old have in common with a 42 year old?