Newly single need advice?

I just got out of a 7 year relationship. He was texting other girls and was verbally abusive to me for many years. Anyway, getting back in the dating world I feel like I dont know where to begin I dont have a lot of confidence in myself I am shy when I meet new guys and my personality doesn't shine through.

I recently went on tinder and everytime I match with a guy he will message me ask me a couple questions that stop responding? I dont understand, where can and how can I meet guys to date?

Most Helpful Guy

• "I just got out of a 7 year relationship. He was texting other girls and was verbally abusive to me for many years."

I know that the relationship probably has been dying for years however... take your time! This is your chance to really work on building up your self esteem, confidence and knock down your life goals.

I can tell you right now that no matter what you do in the dating world, it sounds like you came out of an exhausting relationship that was emotionally and physically draining and that's going to get picked up by potential mates. Which you won't find what you're looking for.

Anyways: Tinder. match and all those websites has made it a great way to "potentially" meet a lot of people but the interaction has become a lot less personal as everyone has this "next best thing" approach to dating.

- I too am adjusting to these things.

What Guys Said 3

• Hey, I'm in the same boat as you. I'm 27 and an 8 year relationship ended when my girlfriend decided to cheat on me. It's hard to date. Really hard.

A lot of stuff has changed since I was dating and I'm kind of lost too. I have met a wonderful woman on here though. She's amazing and I love talking to her but she lives in Pakistan so it's hard.

My suggestion would be to either date guys you meet while you're out or start approaching guys you're interested in. Guys love that.

I know what you're going through and it sucks. Just hang in there.

• Thank you, I wish you luck out in the scene too. I feel weird approaching guys and everytime im out at a club or bar they just seem lime major d bags

• You can make friends that'll make you feel good about yourself, try impressing yourself on more than one time. Try getting to know yourself better and let others see it. Me I didn't know I make things way complicated than actually is til later. I'm like that's okay, surprise yourself with things you thought you can't do but you did it, set a new goal for yourself and chase it. Something that make you wake up and say " I am at my best nearly everyday, expect rainy days."

• honestly, one way that might help you get back on your feet might be starting off with a nice ego boost.

What Girls Said 1

• Friendly advice: You probably need to develop aspects about your personality a bit more. Fill your free time with more activities, read more books, challenge yourself, have debates with other people. If you start doing such things, you will be way more interesting to other people. -I am not saying that you're not, but these things will make you "shine" more.-