How can I have more interesting/lively conversations with my boyfriend? Topics/starters?

So my boyfriend and I have been dating for almost a year and it started out great but now we barely talk, and when we do we don't say much or have nothing to talk about. We used to be able to talk about anything and everything, all the time, but now we dont. How do I rekindle that spark we used to have and help make our conversations more interesting?

Most Helpful Guy

• FYI this happens in a lot of relationships. Don't think it's going to get better with some other guy because, chances are, it's not. Just a heads up.

The key here is to not get weird about the situation. Don't get resentful, don't get angry, don't get upset, don't feel uninteresting... so on and so forth. Just let it all go because none of that is the real reason. Just talk. Go do shit. Don't just sit around watching TV and expect to have super enlightening conversation. Go on a hike and just mention the most inane things... notice the flora and fauna, comment on them, etc. It's just regular conversation, really. Don't think too hard about it because that's when you start tripping up.

What Guys Said 3

• I have a familiar situation with my girlfriend right now, but it's mainly hard to find topics because it's long distance. Try going out together and talk about what's happening in the moment of you can. Go to parties with friends and then talk to him about gossip and stuff like that to get the ball rolling. Watch TV shows together and comment on points of interest. If you're really stuck for things to talk about and you feel uncomfortable with the silence maybe the relationship isn't right for you?

• Talk about things you have in common

• Do new things

What Girls Said 1

• Do you two have anything in common anymore?

• I don't really know, we haven't talked about eachother's lives/interests much. It feels like we've already talked about everything and we know everything about eachother so there's not much more to talk about. It's a frustrating feeling because I feel like there should be things to talk about. He's really busy with his job and we haven't hung out in a while either.