Do men take women on real dates anymore?

I am back into the dating game and in my mid 20s and am finding that most guys don't do real dates anymore. They always try to push for watching a movie at their house and at this point I dont know them very well so the answer is no. I am just wondering if there are guys out there who are old fashioned. There have been guys who I have talked to and the only thing we did was text and talk on phone, never went out on date and he tried to ask me to allow him to give me a massage. I told him no and he acted all hurt. I don't let someone who I am not in a relationship do this and I even told him in advance I was not looking for a relationship and he STILL tried to make a move. Is this typical and if so I guess I need to start dating men in their 40's etc, lmao.

Most Helpful Guy

• If a guy invites you to his place for a first date, he's trying to tell if you're DTF.

There are still guys out who do real dates. I know I do - but then I like going out with girls. You're probably going to have to weed through the guys who just want a hookup to find ones who actually want to date. Looking to older men might work too (though you don't have to start at 40 lol)

What Guys Said 8

• So you told him "in advance" you are not looking for a relationship and wonder why he has not invited you on a date, then take on a website and complain the world has changed and men aren't the way they used to be?
    Unless he has serious mental issues, he did the right thing: backed off when you told him you are not looking for a relationship. From what I know that is respecting someone's decision and giving them space, which is very considerate.

• Let me clarify. I did not expect this particular guy to ask me out for a date, especially considering that I had told him that I see him as just a friend. The thing that shocked me is that although he knew I did not have romantic or sexual feelings towards him, he would ask to come over to my house, offer massages when I already friend zoned him. I am surprised because even though he knew I perceived him as a platonic buddy he still would push to get over to my house etc and when I shot him down about the massage he acted all torn up.

• Yeah I do...
    And girls act all surprised because they never get asked out like that

Times are changing and a lot of guys know that some girls aren't even worth taking out

Why go out and spend money and put in effort when you can find a girl who is willing to come over your place

• It is not that. It is because feminism has changed the way we think about dating. Why is it the guys responsibilities to court women like this? Why can't women pay for dates? You are sexist

• @PiuBelloAmante fucking marry me rn or so help me god

• @Bards i am flattered haha!!!
      well, let me take you out on a date first haha! i support marriage but sheesh! ;p

• Dating is competitive. Lets say a guy has several options. Lets say there are a few girls who will go to his house and even sleep with him with out demanding he take them on dates and spend his hard earned money on them.

Then there is you who objects to something as simple as a massage AND you expect him to take you out.

The other girls are simply a better deal.

• yes in the short term until they get tired. They usually try to come back to but i shoot them down because I know what his intentions are. I dont let someone who I am talking to as a friend massage me.

• The answer to this question is most probably yes

• Feminism has killed the old fashioned ideology. You asked for it. NOW LIVE WITH IT.

• I have a semi date on sat. At a bar/club but I may back out

• I don't really call it a "date." I'll go out for a movie, out to eat, on many and varied adventures. I just call it chilling with my girlfriend. Just meet here first. ):

• Yep, dating seems to have changed between what my older relatives tell me or what I see in old movies and what I see from my classmates in high school. I'm old school, right down to my 3 piece suit, love for jazz and the blues, and conservative leanings. A lot of my friends are pretty much the same way, but none of us date. When I decide to jump into the dating world, I'll definitely be the real date kind of guy. But there are a lot of girls who find that weird and are perfectly content with the new way.

What Girls Said 4

• Yes they do. It depends on what kind of guy you attract and what you consider at 'date', no so much their age.

• There is but its not as common, unfortunately.

• Yea it's unfortunately typical. Just keep looking til you find the guy that actually wants to get to know you not just your body. Dates don't have to be big or anything. Could easily be a walk or coffee or whatever.

• most men dont.