Scared I'll never have a boyfriend? Tips for dating in highschool?

I guess I'm average. I'm not some super model nor am I a monster. I have a bit more muscle than some girls at my school and I'm afraid I'm a bit too average. I'm a good mix between shy and outgoing but hate to be straightforward. I've had about three crushes but they have always had girlfriends.

Im afraid that in highschool I won't have anyone to take me to the dance and get the experience. I'm a bit over average in the smarts department and I feel as though it intimidates some guys. I'm extremely dedicated, perfectionist and athlete.

A guy friend told me that guys like me but won't tell me who and I think he's just telling me to make me feel better as no guy has asked me out. I'm afraid that this streak will continue through highschool. I'm tempted to stop trying to be myself so hard and figure out what other people are doing right that I'm not. I'm not rude or mean so I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I'm tired of waiting around but don't want to directly ask a guy as I'm scared of rejection.

Any tips for highschool dating? How did you navigate? Any stories from highschool dating?

Most Helpful Girl

• I was like that in high school! Sometimes it just doesn't happen for some people! First off, just relax, its not the end of the world if you don't have a boyfriend during high school, even if it does seem like everyone else is in a relationship! High school relationships never last anyway! As for your guy friend, he could be hinting at the fact that he likes you, maybe? And as for the dance or prom, just go with some girl friends, that is what most of my friends did! Don't worry yourself too much, if it is meant to be, it will be.

What Guys Said 3

• You're above average in class, and you're an athlete. Things are going well for you. If I were you I wouldn't care about dating. Why do you care about going to the dance... thing? Is it like a prom?

• I know I shouldn't be too concerned about dating but I just want to experience it. I'm really into trying new things and I want to try it out. For the dance thing it is kind of like prom yet smaller scale. I'm afraid no guy will ask to go with me and I really really want to go with a guy :/

• Ohhh, okay. Just don't worry too much about it :)

• The guy that likes u dose exists but is to shy to come out his friends told u but he made them promises not to say his name don't give up keep looking he's there

• You sound like a good person. I'm sure there most likely are guys that like you, are attracted to you, or are interested. If you have feelings for a guy, go in for it. Become friends and give him hints.

What Girls Said 1

• By the sound of it, I don't think your looks are the problem, but the fact you are intimidating is. I know for a fact it is extremely hard to come across as less intimidating, so what I would say is to just ask a guy on a date yourself. That is what I did and it worked out pretty well for me :) Besides, it's not the the 18th century anymore: girls can take the lead nowadays.

• Thanks I think I'm going to try to build up my confidence this year so when i start to like a guy I can take matters into my own hands and be the one to ask him out...

• Sounds like a good plan to me ;) If you want to have that experience you can create one for yourself and not depend on some insecure guy.