I'm a good guy? Lots of people would say I'm a "good" guy. Why don't girls like me?

I'm almost 20. I'll be entering my 3rd year of college soon. Basically my biggest goal in high school was to be in a long lasting relationship with someone I deeply care about. That dream obviously didn't come true. However, it's still my biggest dream.

I'm not the most attractive guy. Most would say 6 or 7. However I'm really smart, caring, moral, I don't party, done drink, don't do drugs, etc. Im also a black guy in a mostly white city. I've had many girls tell me I'm too nice. I believe and have been told that I'm a good guy. I believe I could be one of the best. I want nothing more than to make someone feel like a princess, to feel special, and loved. I want to show someone not all guys are the same. But why don't girls ever like me? The question has bothered me for years, especially since so many girls just date jerks. Why am I alone and not the jerks?

Most Helpful Guy

• Your ''wanting to treat them like a princess'' probably comes off as desperation to them at the beginning. I know it's stupid, but in the beginning stages you'll probably have more luck if the girl thinks she's just one of your many options, instead of being really and truly special too you too soon. Can't show too much interest too fast or she'll question your value. She'll think ''I barely had to do anything to win him over, he probably doesn't have much luck with the ladies and must behave low value'' instead of ''I'm still not sure if he's serious about me, he must have other women in his life and must have high value.'' You need to let her think she's winning you over other chicks instead of her being the only woman in your life

What Girls Said 1

• Girls are silly and go for the wrong option, they want bad boys, they want fun, try and mayb start doing some "cool" stuff?

What Guys Said 2

• i'm afraid it has to do wid u being black if u leave in a white city... even if they tell u, dat u r nice and all and ven if they mean it... i'm afraid they hesitate makin any move, since they might be afraid of other ppl's opinions about being wid a black guy, since u mentioned it's a white city

• yes, you are clearly too nice and too boring. Girls love excitement. You also need a healthy bit of arrogance ! that's what the jerks have and exude ! It exudes power and social status ! they have a "no one can harm me " attitude , "I'm in love with myself !"

So, grow a big pair of balls and put yourself out there. !