Guys, have you broke it off with a girl bc of your own insecurities and wanted to get back with her shortly after?

Have you dated a girl that you fell for and then broke it off bc of your own insecurities but realized you really have strong feelings for her a few days after? Did you realize you made a mistake after days of no contact? Tell me your story...

4

Most Helpful Guy

• No, but I have avoided dating altogether because of my insecurities.

• Okay that makes since... so bc of that you never or tried to not get your emotions or feelings involved?

• I just kept to myself except for a close circle of friends. I simply never allowed myself to feel attracted to anyone. I actually felt hostility towards everyone I didn't know personally as a defense mechanism.

What Guys Said 3

• Honestly, that sounds way more like something a woman would do. Usually a guy will just fuck things up so bad, either by indifference or lack of engagement that woman will break it off. I personally have never seen a guy breakup with a girl and try to get back together unless it's just for sex which is always a super great idea. Usually by the time a guy breaks it off, he's damn sure he doesn't want her anymore. This is all anecdotal of course.

• I had my reasons, it wasn't based on entirely on insecurity.

Despite 4 years and a child involved. I called it off becuause it got one sided. I was carrying the torch and she wasn't. Now that I look back at it, that b**** is still making the same mistake. It feels like I need a bottle of scotch and two bullets.

• Usually that's the only reason I break up with girls. And days later? Not always sometimes it takes years and the amount of contact I have with her usually doesn't change much of anything.