Are plain stainless steel promise rings inappropriate?

So recently my boyfriend and I purchased very simple stainless steel promise rings because we decided that we wanted something physical to express our committment to one another and to have something to hold onto when we can't be together. I didn't realize until now that our promise rings could possibly be mistaken as wedding rings or engagement rings. Is that weird and inappropriate to be wearing rings that may give off that idea? I personally love that my boyfriend wanted to get these, he was actually the one to intiate the conversation. I'm impressed, appreciative, and extremely thankful that my boyfriend isn't afraid of committment.

So is it weird or inappropriate to be wearing strainless steel promise rings? We'll be freshman in college in the fall.

32

Most Helpful Girl

• No there's nothing wrong with it, a promise ring is to boyfriend as engagement ring is to fiancé and wedding band is to husband.
    It just means that as long as you're together you will not stray or cheat.

Sponsored

What Guys Said 2

• Sounds fine to me. Promise rings have been a thing for a long time. Its a symbol that you've committed to someone and aren't available.

• I wouldn't worry about it and don't worry what people think you love him and he loves you

What Girls Said 2

• Definitely not, a ton of promise rings look like engagement rings and vice-versa. It's totally fine to have whatever kind of ring you want as long as it represents to you what you want it to.

• of course not :) All that matters is what it means to you both, generally most people traditionally wear a promise ring on their left hand, ring finger but you can wear it however you like really, it's up to you both.

If people ask you can just tell them what you wrote, your boyfriend sounds like a sweetheart that was lovely of him to initiate the idea :)

best wishes to you both and your future together..

- Just Promise Rings (justpromiserings. com)