For those of you who have been single for at least the past 90 days, how many dates have you been on in the past 30 days?

Please select the appropriate poll option if you're not single, only recently became single, or feel you're not ready to date because you're still getting over an ex.

Thanks!

• None
  • One
  • Two
  • Three
  • Four or More
  • Still Getting Over a Serious Relationship/Only Recently Became Single
  • I'm Not Single/See Results
I've been on two in the past 30 days. The first I met offline and the second one I met online. The date with the woman I met online was much MUCH better.
Wow. I'm really surprised at how many people haven't been on a date in the last month. I guess I was under the impression that most people go on dates all the time.

Is it because people not really interested in dating right now? Is it because people aren't meeting people they're interested in? What's the reason?

Most Helpful Girl

• what happened to the poll,?

anyhow never been on a date. i dont date. if i was friends with someone for a year or so and we decided to give a relationship a try. id do that. but dating is bullshit. people lie about themselves and assume & expect too much about everyone else. and its unnatural. you can't get to know a person in three days. just what they want you to think so they can have you. and there's no way id be physical with someone after a few days so there's no point for it. no guys will date expecting to go on 50 dates before anything happens. just not my thing.

What Girls Said 36

• I've been single all my life, and never been on any date.

• Just got out of a serious relationship, I didn't want to date because of him.. Then I thought about it, the day he left me he was dating someone That EXACT DAY... I cried/pouted/and had my moment then I put my ass back on the market.. i met a guy, this will be our 5th date. Though he claims I'm "playing hard to get". I'm just not going to fall for the same Ole poop

Chiiii ~

• I've been on 2, both with the same person. I don't think I've been single for quite 90 days but close haha

• No energy at the moment, have just moved to a new town and started a new job... soo dating is not really a top priority right now. Would be nice to meet someone cute though :)

• Zero...

If I had dates - I wouldn't be single... Haha

• from other polls i've seen, a large segment of the GaG population is shy and/or introverted. that might have something to do with it.

• not one. it doesn't really work like that here.

• I'm leaving this place in about six weeks. Dating someone now would be pointless.

• I actually just got back from a date. It was neat. He seems nice, Laidback and funny. We went to a local fair and we got on the Ferris wheel. I didn't know there was going to be fireworks... And they were amazing from the top of the Ferris wheel. It was a moment we shared that made us feel more comfortable with each other. We'll see what happens :)

Oh yeah I went on another date about 3 weeks ago but we decided to "remain friends".

• Not actively looking. It wouldn't be fair to start a relationship I know I can't contribute my time to.

• None. Cause I'm not ready to date someone again... And it's been almost 5 months.

• I haven't been on a date before 😂

• I never really had dates, ever. I wouldn't say it's because I'm not interested in dating, more like I haven't met anyone, it's a small town, and everyone's already taken. Oh well I guess.

• A majority of people are already taken regardless of where you live, so the odds are already against you.

• You know, I'm just going to say it... because I agree with the harsh, brutal honesty.

If a woman gets dates often, she more than likely has a desirable body or face to an overwhelming majority of people. Yes, beauty is subjective but I'm talking about women who are found attractive by nearly every person.

If a man gets dates often, it's more than likely due to how much money he has or his wealth status in general. Notice how people like Donald Trump, Hugh Hefner, Channing Tatum, etc have NO problems getting women to like them? It's because they're wealthy.

People like to think it's about "social skills" or "personality" but anyone with a brain knows we just live in a superficial world.

• @CincinnatiRedsfan I completely agree with that. It's the unfortunate truth.

• After trying dating. Being single is way much better and nicer

• But I've known him for 2yrs

• None...
    ...

• None.
    Not interested in dating.

• I've noticed in our age group, all the men are interested in dating (which eventually leads to sex) but hardly any of the women even care about dating. It's a shame.

• None I'm single as fuck -.-

• Zero to none.

• I picked A

• I guess for myself I haven't been out on a date because I haven't been asked would of liked too. Am scared of being rejected like anyone else would but that's my reason...

What made you say the person you met online was a better date?

• None for me

• Haven't been on a dare in 4 years.

• I've never been on any dates. I'm too ugly to date.

• No one is too ugly to go on dates etc, plus your only 19, you have so many years of life ahead of you to go on dates and find yourself a boyfriend.

• I doubt it. Guys don't like virgins cause their bad at sex.

• Serial dater right here

Vote H = 10 and more :)

• Are those "dates" or a paid wine and dine then shag and bag em? Just wondering how so many men are willing to just "date" a women if the prospects of a follow up are so low. Seems like a waste of money and they would eventually find out.

• how come you don't like eating in front of your family? @kittykatbrat

• @astroidblues.

To clarify, I never eat in front of ANYone, ever!!!
      I have had "issues with food" since age ten & nothing has changed with me now, @ age 25.
      I am clinically anorexic.

• Still I am dating one guy.

• I have never been on a date before.

• Been on three dates in past 2 months 2 with same guy guess we have things in common but think he's giving me brush off had serious relationship with much younger guy I met online me 49 him 31 I broke it off. Have friends with benefits same one I had before serious relationship, message him I'm single were back on 😊 after 5 years he's also 8 years younger would love a loving realationship but its hard work trying to find the one sorting through the candidates.

• Please I have been single for the last 6 years... 90 days really...

• I think it's great to date. It helps you get your mind off your ex. Your not suppose to just sit their and mourn forever.

• Yes and no. I mean obviously should find someone else eventually but that being said, you shouldn't date someone else just to get over an ex if you're not emotionally available. It's not fair to either party and no one wants to be a rebound.

• More from Girls
    6

What Guys Said 31

• Well think about your question for a second: If someone has been single for a least 90 days, that someone more than likely hasn't been on any dates in the past 90 days... so the fact an overwhelming majority of people voted "A" doesn't surprise me at all.

Anyway, I've been single my entire life (I've never even had sex) and I've been on one date in my entire life, and that was five and a half years ago. So, to say the very least, I voted option "A" lol.

I'm interesting in dating (more interested in sex) and I've met people I HAVE been interested in, but the problem is the exact opposite situation: I haven't met any girl who has been interested in ME yet (that one date was a fluke, trust me.) I've been rejected every single time (my date was set up by my sister) and it has been a run of bad luck. I've noticed many women in my generation (under 30) are gold-diggers and refuse to date a guy without money.

• To the girl who down-voted me: Why did you down-vote me? Was it because...

-I mentioned the fact if you're recently single, you probably haven't recently been on dates
      -I mentioned I'm more interested in sex than dating OR
      -I mentioned my honest life story

Why would I be down-voted?

• Not been on a date for about three years, been fully single for about four... partly due to my old job, now that i've moved back to my home town I know almost no one although i'm just meeting people again now in work. I have social anxiety though so talking to people never mind asking them out is tough plus i'm quite picky... resorting to online dating to meet people unfortunately.

• Nothing wrong with online dating. Nearly everyone does if but the best way is to meet naturally and in person which isn't always easy.

• I've been single my entire life and have never been on a date in my 18 years of existence, even if the break up is hard appreciate you at least had the happiness of a girlfriend, imagine never feeling the happiness from a relationship, that's why you should be thankful and move on

• Not interested in dates right now. Sex yes, dates no. I've been knocked back for two jobs in the last year that I worked hard for. The first was firefighter - I passed the physical but they were looking for more women to make up the 'equality' numbers. The second was police, same reason. I don't blame anyone else but i've noticed when guys don't have really good jobs they're less likely to want to date and I also never want to marry so the hassle of dating isn't worth it - at least not after the first 6 months. Also the public attitudes to men from feminists, women and the government atm turn me off dating. I'm getting my life and education in order too, so dating just complicates things and makes it harder, not easier to save money.

• Three.. with three different women.

1st girl - ended up kissing/making out on the date... at the end of the date, never heard back from her again. Wait, sorry, we talked for a few days after the date and then she stopped talking to me. Date results: FAIL

2nd girl - good date, no kissing or making out this time. We talked for a few days after the date and then she stopped talking to me. Date results: FAIL

3rd girl - good date, we had a lot in common. She became very flirt with me. We kissed during the date. We went out last week (she went back to Cali for school). We still talk for hours everyday and she cannot wait to see me again. Date results: PASS

• That's why I think multi dating, especially if you meet them on a dating site, is a good idea. I mean it's not really to see how many girls you can have sex with but seeing who's the right one. But yeah regarding the 1st one, it can be tough. It's like you can hit it off, make out, fool around etc and then out of the blue they ignore you.

• Yeah I think 2-4 is about right. Sometimes I'd stretch myself too thin by talking to more. It's hard to keep up with them at once when you talk to that many. But it's easier for women to pick who they want so that's part of why I multi date.

• But that's good to know I'm not the only one experiencing this. Not saying it's good that it's happening to you of course but what I'm saying is I used to take it personal that I'd get all these dates only to have them flake. It made me feel like there was something really wrong with me and my personality but I guess it's because the women are probably playing the field like we do or probably don't know what they want.

• None.

In the past 30 days I've been gone every weekend doing something with friends and family.

Even if I wasn't busy, I'm not really looking.

And even if I was looking, options are limited because there's nothing to do where I live except go to shitty biker bars or church (neither of which I'm willing to do).

• Single the past 90 days? How about last 2 years!
    I have been on dates but there just wasn't any sparks and connections.
    The last 90 days I have been on zero dates.

• I hear ya on having dates with feeling no sparks or connections. It just really shows you're not a match, especially if you have no common interests or they're quiet until you talk again.

• @bloodmountain1990 yeah, it happens but at least you gave it a chance.

• stayed single for 18 months, started dating (2 dates) in the last of those 6 out of 18 months. Just wanted to make sure the hole in my heart was healed and filled, complete before I return to the relationship/dating scene. nobody wants some busted ass guy.

• 90 days? Try 20 years.

• Never been on a date. However I've never asked either so technically I've never been shot down 😌

• I just got sick of dating, because all these women wanted me for was sex. They were very pushy about it. Guys want to date women but, females have unrealistic expectations. They all seem to be looking for Mr. Right. Someone who is perfect and meets all of their criteria. Guys do that, too, and wonder why they are single. Yes, there are some exceptions. Not everyone is shallow.

• Bit too sudden for me to add them all up, but if I had to make a rough estimate I'd say around about... Zero.

• i got 2 jobs within the past 2 months so i have been a bit pre occupied but i dont think that i would be trying right now if i didn't have 2 jobs. right now it just seems like more trouble than its worth.

• None, but I will admit that I haven't been trying to date at all lately.

• I haven't been on a date recently. Honestly I don't have time or interest in dating right now.

• I haven't since late last July. The 26th to be exact. It was our first official and last date. We has drawn up plans for the next but for some reason, she flaked, cut contact and didn't even say why. Hurt like hell and sucked but it's a turn off.

• .5 not sure if it was a real date so I'll say half lol

• I've had 0 in the last 11 years

• No dates in the last...7,500 days.

• None no girl will go on a date with me

• I'm just incapable of getting girls to go on dates with me, to be honest

• There's just no one around here that's single.

• I haven't been on a date in years...

• I've been on one date in the past 30 days, got date two coming up with the same chick

• I'm single since past 900 days

• Zero, never been on a date before.

• I've been on 4. 2 with the same and the other 2 were both with different people. I'm just playing it by ear but I'm trying to see who's the best one for me and see where it goes, hopefully it'll lead to a relationship.

I feel like I'm a record holder for getting first dates and it's not something to brag about. Just like friends, it's not about the quantity of people you date but the quality.

• Zero. I don't like dating.

• People should go out on more date, we will become damn ROBOTS :O

• More from Guys
    1