Guys, I need an opinion on my current situation?

Hey guys! So i told my best friend that i am in love with him... we have slept together before and both admitted to feelings and such in the past... anyways so i told him and he said he understood how i felt and i could relax about being worried it would ruin our friendship, that he is my friend and he's not going to just dip out and that this isn't a normal situation and he isn't trying to lead me on and that when he's home from work in a few weeks that we will have a few drinks and talk. I told him we didn't need to talk that i understood he doesn't see me that way and he says " lets have a drink and talk when im home!" And i said that it was fine i said what i needed to, no need to talk and he said " will i want to just but not over text i hate that"
hiw do i take that?

11

Most Helpful Guy

• The problem with text is that it strips away all nonverbal communication. Fuck you can mean a billion different things depending on HOW you say it and if those two words can mean so many different things imagine the potential for confusion from a whole deep conversation over text. I think he wants to talk in person so you can completely understand what he means instead of reading it and filling in all the nonverbal things yourself. Cause if your an anxious/insecure/depressive person everything he says has the potential to be heard in a negative way in a text.

What Guys Said 10

• Even tho it wasn't clear but I believe I kinda get..
    Well since he said doesn't want it to ruin you why did he accept to sleep with you on the first place? Why did he admit feelings in the first place?
    I'm sorry to tell you but he isn't a best friend I would recall that maybe just a friend.. Don't be hurt cause we all been there it's normal to like a friend cause usually they be honest, they are there for us, and more importantly they understand us.. Don't text him let him know what he has done.. You aren't wrong here and it's totally normal I was in love with my best friend for more than a year and when I told her about it she acted like she didn't hear me now I appreciate that it been 6 years.. Recently she loves me she want me to date her I was like you are my best friend if I'm not serious I won't try with you. Just try to act as normal as possible and wait until he explains himself.. It could ruin you or make you stronger

• Important conversations should never be done through text. You should've been in a relationship before admitting to love honestly... it may come on too strong if you guys haven't been dating for a while.

It doesn't sound like he feels the same way but you never know until he thinks it over and talks to you

• Just do it. Sounds like he's interested to me.

• It's time to talk,

U don't just dump stuff like that on people and then say "I'm good, we'll leave it at that"

• He's interested and would rather tell you in person. simple

• Doesn't seem that way he hasn't spoke much in the last couple days and i confronted him and told him i was hurt and he said "i dont have the same feelings you do. What do you want me to say..."

• The fact that you guys have had sex before in the past and you're both still very good friends means that he has to have some feelings for you. I think you have nothing to worry about.

• Well we have had very small talk since then and he said "i dont have the same feelings you do. What do you want me to say..."

• Call him. He doesn't like texting

• It sounds like he has feelings for you possibly in the romantic way and if you settle it over drinks, bad news won't be as hard on you or him, and good news may jump start a relationship

• The guy slept with you... he's NOT your best friend.

• he's the person i tell everything to and talk about all my problems with vise versa

• I don't understand.. .
    its missing something