Guys, can I fix this?

I was talking to his really awesome guy. He's a regular at the place I work and we got along pretty well. We have a lot in common and it was super nice to talk to him. I got out of a long term relationship 5 months ago and was SO awkward sometimes. I think I came on a little strong and I scared him off a little, I'm super sad because we aren't really talking now. Is there anyway I can fix it? I was like stuck in relationship mode and looking back now I probably came off clingy. I feel really bad about it but I think it's too late now and that's hut how he's going to think of me even though I see what I did wrong and wouldn't be that way now. Is the damage already done? Is it too late for him to see that I'm actually super chill and not I credibly awkward? Or do I have a chance to fix it? Please help!

7

Most Helpful Guy

• it might sound awkward as well if u approach him tellin him "i won't be clingy"... he'd not believe easily if in case happens... but u've got nothing to lose by tryin, and wotever happens

• Should I just wait little bit and let it cool down and then try to talk to him again. Without being super awkward?

• i guess waitin would be better, since u'll show him u r not much clingy anymore

• I think I'll try that then... He's a pretty chill, laid back guy so hopefully it will work...

What Guys Said 6

• Best advice I can give would be to forget about all that. Next time you see him just be kinda nonchalant/matter-of-fact about things like you would a friend. We've all had those awkward moments and from my experience, whether it was me or the other person that made it that way, it was soon forgotten after I or they showed it was just a fluke. Hope that helps :)

• If he's still talking to you then it probably isn't a problem, just don't be awkward and clingy moving forward

• He came in teice today and made his presence very obvious he pretty much stayed in my line of sight the whole time... But he didn't try to talk to me, or get coffee from me. So now I just don't know...

• Your best bet is to be cool and don't do it again next time you talk to him. He might still give you a chance and chalk that up to you having an off day.

• I think
      Going to wait a little bit and then send this " I know you probably think I'm like needy and bitchy and annoying. And honestly I was with you. I think you're really neat and adorable and I was trying so pathetically hard that you didn't even get to know me. And that's sad to be because I think Im we'd get along great when I'm not being weird. I really just don't want you to feel awkward to my store. I'm not going to make it weird." Would that be okay you think?

• Everyone I've talked to about it says he's being weird. He came into my store yesterday but didn't get coffee from me... So part of me thinks it's not that bad because he came in, and the other part of me thinks it is bad because he didn't say hi or even look over... I'm not sure. I just hope he will give me a chance.

• Have you talked to him yet?

• I think you need to take it slowly and try to chat again when he comes in.
    and tbh I think your text you were gonna send (that you told guyintac) is a bit over the top!

• He is either already with someone or maybe he didn't see you the same as you did... he could be gay... it wouldn't hurt to maybe make anothet attempt, but be more passive

• It may not have anything to do with you. If you're gutsy, you could ask "hey, for a while there it seemed liked we were talking and getting along well. Did something happen? Did I say something wrong? Is everything okay? If there is any future relationship than this would be a healthy way to kick start it, being open and direct.