Do you believe true love exist?

Most people seem to be attracted or interested in someone based on their physical appearances. They say that doesn't matter but it does as long as the cute ones always gets the girls and the sexy ones get the men. Do you believe true lovr exist?

Most Helpful Girl

What Girls Said 6

What Guys Said 5

• Depends what you mean. I believe you can be completely devoted to one other person but I also think this is more to do with the person giving the devotion than the person who is the object. In other words it's something that some people are capable of, not something that can happen to anyone or that depends much on chemistry between people. I you want that kind of love you have to find that kind of person.

• The Ancient Greek believed in four kinds of love:

Storge - Affection between members of a family, especially parents and children; natural empathy.

Eros - Love that comes from passion and sexual intimacy.

Philia - Love between equals; regard, friendship, loyalty.

Ágape - Unconditional love; charity; love regardless of any conditions, personal empathy or situations. Love for all humankind and even for fellow living beings. To wish others the ebst as much wish yourself.

Of these 4, the only one that could be considered "true", in a sense that it lasts regadless of anything, is Ágape. The others are real in a sense that they exist and produce results, but there's no guarantee that they will last, since they depend on subjective emotions and particular situations.

• I thoroughly believe true love exist but for someone to be attracted based on physical appearance doesn't mean that person is not 'truly' in love because physical attraction is part of it. Romantic love doesn't work on it's own. It's a series of attraction that ultimately leads to romantic love

• So what if the person's physical appearance deforms?

• It totally depends on the person. Shallow people would definitely leave. I've read stories of that happening but also there are cases who stays.

• No, I do not believe in it. It sounds good though, but it doesn't exist, unfortunately.

• True Love? nah,
    True Lust? yeah.