Guys, What does it mean when a guy says "It scares me how much I like you in a short period of time"?

Exactly what the title says. I've been seeing this dude for a few weeks and he said that to me. We saw each other a lot for that few weeks. I think we saw each other 4 times the first week. Haha.. What does it mean and is it a good thing?

Thanks everyone's. We haven't seen each other in awhile because of our work schedules so I don't know what's going to happen. Right now I feel like he's slowing losing interest. Can a guy just turn their feelings off just like that? The last thing he said when we hung out like a week ago was "you're the best part of my day". I thought that was sweet but now I'm worried because I really like him. Plus I'm sick so I don't want to see him and get him sick.

14

Most Helpful Guy

• Stop digging into him trying to pick out and over analyze everything he says. It means exactly that.. no ulterior motives.. he's got some strong feels for bruh! Get up on that D and have fun. You've had 4 dates with him? Stop making him suffer lol. You're constantly analyzing his actions why don't you try and keep him on his toes? Says something that will get him thinking about you. Be mysterious.

• Hahaha I already got on that D. But I think our work schedule is getting in the way. At this point I feel like he's losing interest in me lol. This game is hard.

• Fuck blaming it on your schedule if he's into and your into him it's going to work thats a pity ass excuse. The game is hard? You have a vaginal stfu lmao.

• What are you talking about? We're both busy! I work out of the country a lot too. Our text messages don't last that long, it usually ends with me being the last to text and I don't get a reply. I'm guessing it's because he's just not much of a texter. I shouldn't always be the one chasing right? So I'll let him come to me.

What Guys Said 13

• Well I told the last girl I dated I'm scared of my feelings she was like don't be cause they are mutual.. I haven't said I love you to a girl in 8 years.. After couple weeks we broke up now I'm just trying to get her out of my head it's killing me so yeah he could be falling for you if you don't feel the same or even close end it with him you don't wanna lose a lover and gain an enemy nobody forgive when someone breaks their heart.

• I'm sorry to hear man!! I hope you're doing okay. I do really like the guy but I haven't seen him in a week.. I know that sounds like nothing but I travel a lot as part of my job and I only get certain days off. Unfortunately I'm sick during my days off and I don't want to get the dude sick so I said I'll stay away from him. lol honestly, if he's still interested he will show it. I'm not doing all the chasing.

I hope you feel better. Relationships are very tricky. Half of the time I don't want to risk putting myself out there. I hate losing people and break ups. It's the worst. But i gotta put myself out there.

• Precisely. When a guy says this, he's getting ready to back away. Maybe not completely, but you won't see so much of him again, for a long time.

Maybe forever... he may have decided you can't be more than a friend.
    Sorry to tell you.

• Obviously it's to suggest he likes you a lot, could be true or could be a total line... I know guys who'd tell a girl he loves her within the month to get laid.

• It's good because he does really like you. What he's scared of is being vulnerable. Most guys still believe that they should be emotional and in general many guys aren't very in tune with their emotions and they suppress them when they crop up because they're taught to "be a man". He's scared because he can't and doesn't want to suppress his feelings, but that makes him vulnerable to get hurt/heartbroken.

That's how I feel when I really like a girl I'm just getting to know.

• We haven't seen each other for awhile and texting with him is kinda hard. hopefully if we see each other again and if he's still interested in me, I will let him know that the feelings are very mutual.

• it might be both good or bad actually... but "scare" here would mean "i can't believe" actually... not scared in a bad way

• He is scared because it means you have a lot of power on him. It scares him because if you went away, he would be broken and probably wouldn't get over it quickly. That's why he is scared, you have the power to do that to him.

• For me, a guy who admittedly thinks of sex first and feelings second, this roughly translates into:

"I really want to have sex with you because I like you and I think you are attractive and i don't want to wait so damn Long for us to start fooling around so I'm going to try to speed our romance up so you are more comfortable with the idea of having sex with me"
    But maybe he isn't like that.

• It can actually be both. You could be everything he was looking for or he was desperate for being alone or depressed that he just fell in love with his first option. Do what I do, I never believe in words only in actions, just give it time and take things slow.

• I'm confused as to why you even have to ask this, it means that he really likes you a lot to the point that he is feeling vulnerable because he is worried something may go wrong.

• Its good but it also means he's waiting for the "oh dammit" moment when something goes wrong like your ex showing up in a 2015 corvette stingray and you realize you really did love him

• I think he might be a little desperate

• he doent want to stick his dick in crazy

• He wants to get in ur pants