Guys, why would a guy say they had a great time on a date and continue to message you but not ask you on a second date?

I had what I thought was a great first date with a guy. We were laughing a lot and generally getting along well, he kept complimenting me and we even made out for a while at the end (just kissing). Since then we've been messaging and he said he had a great time but hasn't asked for a second date.
I just find his behaviour confusing and was hoping someone could shed some light on what he might be thinking. I figure I should just ignore him at this point because I don't want a pen pal. It's been two weeks of him messaging me with no further invitation for a second date.

again I don't expect another date, I'm just confused as to why he wouldn't just say he wasn't feeling it if that's the case

12

Most Helpful Guy

• Wow another woman wondering why he's not automatically kissing her butt!!! Just cause he didn't IMMEADIATELY plan a second date doesn't mean he's not he could be busy or have some issues to deal with lol just simmer down chill talk with him and casually ask him in a text if hed like to go out again im sure you'll get your answer or an explanation

What Guys Said 11

• he doesn't want to feel needy. Girls run away from needy guys, or from guys they believe to be needy. No one wants to appear needy, its unattractive.

• Maybe he doesn't want to be the one to ask you out. Nudge him along, say something like "When are you gonna take me out again? I had a great time"

• So many reasons for this one.

-He hasn't got the time
    -He is dating somebody else
    -He thought the date didn't go that well.
    -He doesn't want to look needy/clingy
    -etc etc

Drop a subtle hint, that you enjoyed the first date a lot or something.

• Me being a guy, I'd feel a million bucks if a lady invited me on a date and paid for everything even if it was only a cheap meal etc!, its just the thought of it that i like, i'd be shocked and surprised and would feel really good about myself and i'd know that she really does like me a lot, i don't think I've ever heard of a female ever doing that but a man can only think about these sanario's unfortunately...

• Why don't you ask him? Are your dates more traditional where guy pays for everything? Money might be tight and he may feel ashamed that he can't do something you would really like to do because of money if that's the case.

• Maybe he likes talking to you but isn't interested in dating you i. e. you got friendzoned

• Because it might feel repulsive to ask everytime, maybe he wants you to take initiative .

• Did you say *you* enjoyed it too?

• He might wanna keep you around especially since the relationship is new and there isn't any commitment.

• He realized he only wants you as a friend. .

• were you both drinking on the date?