Is there really a special someone out there for everybody?

Whenever it seems someone gets a little down on themselves in the love department, someone (usually already coupled up) swings by and says, cheer up, there are plenty of fish in the sea, meaning, eventually you will find someone for yourself. Well, this is actually statistically impossible because there are slightly more men then women on the planet, and that only takes into account heterosexual relationships, and people who presumably have the mental faculties or who are aren't in psychological facilities or incarcerated.

Do you really think that there is somehow someone for everyone or is there anyone willing to say that some people just won't, can't, shouldn't, aren't going to find someone out there? People are so quick to say, but you aren't trying hard enough, but I know people who are trying plenty hard and are getting no where. One would hope you aren't going to say to someone, there's no one out there for you, but do think that some people just won't end up in a relationship because the odds are against them.

Most Helpful Guy

• No.

It's kind of like blood types. There are people who could get along fine with almost anyone and there are people who could get along with almost no one. If you are the latter type you have a difficult road and probably a lot of compromises ahead of you.

What Guys Said 4

• As long as you try and can compromise on certain things like try to find someone close to your age doesn't help your odds, people should expand the age gap more the older they get and also race, if your more open to different races you expand your options too

• No.

[filler]

• Priceless.

• am I really explaining your own comment to you? That's weird. I got it. That's it. Priceless.

• I thought you might have meant priceless as in you thought what I said was a joke.

• I think that's bullshit.

• If so... where the eff are you babe? wherever you are!

What Girls Said 5

• I hope so :(

• If you desire to have someone special just for you, then that someone will come. It depends on the individual. Not everybody wants marriage or what have u.

• kind of contradictory... if you believe you'll have someone, you will, yet, it depends on the person... simply believing isn't enough. Obviously you have to actually make effort to go out and meet actual living human beings, but I think people are so quick to blame the person who is trying to meet people for not trying hard enough, like how hard should they be trying exactly. There are only so many hours on the weekend, presuming one has a job during the week and isn't going to go out every day of the week for that reason.

• No, there isn't.

• I believe there is. I have known some people who would be considered pretty "bad catches," and they have nice partners or are even engaged.

• I think there is somebody for everyone it can be where u live or in Switzerland but i know most people wouldn't travel around the world to look for the right one.

• hmm, you make a good point there... you can't know just living in say one place which is what most people tend to do, stay with what they know or near to family and such.

• My brother did, he found his soulmate in China and we live in U. S. , he is much older now but that's what it took for him apparently