My girlfriend gets guys numbers cause she works at a bar, should I be worried about this?

Friday and Saturday nights she gets 3 or 4 numbers and she keeps telling me about them and throws them away. I get a bit insecure about this but she says she loves me and will never cheat on me. Should i still be worried?

Most Helpful Girl

• Not only should she just refuse to accept them if they're handed to her (why is she entertaining the idea to these guys that it's okay to throw their number at her?) but she should also be throwing them away on the spot. That's how little she needs to care about a guy hitting on her and doing this. Secondly, she should ignore it and not feel the need to go home and tell you all about it unless she's using it as a tool to get your jealous.

If she loves you and says she won't cheat on you, then she shouldn't even be bringing any of this up because it would be futile. Many men and women work in industries where they are exposed to the opposite sex and have to learn some self control. To come home and tell your partner all about it isn't productive in the relationship at all.

• oh damn, so then she is cheating on me? She shows me them and thorws them away to prove that she does't reply to them

• As I mentioned, why show them to you at all? There's no need for that. She does not have to fold up pieces of paper, stick them in her purse and leave work with them. Even if the guy was watching her leave at the end of her shift, she can still head to the ladies room and get rid of them. And to be honest, with all these numbers she's supposedly getting, they all can't be sitting and staring and making sure she leaves the premises with their numbers in her purse.

I still smell some bullshit here with why she does it. Maybe not for cheating but maybe she takes the numbers to make sure a guy doesn't become angry and not tip - so she's manipulating the guy to keep tipping her by making him think she'll call. But at the end of the night - there's no need for that shit. If she doesn't intend to call them, throwing them out before going home and leaving that nonsense at work should be what she should do unless she's trying to get you jealous thinking she could be easily taken away.

• i will talk with her tomorrow

What Girls Said 10

• I work at a restaurant on weekends to help pay for my grad degree and I also get several numbers most nights I work. My boyfriend is the bartender too LOL.

I do toss them out, always. Guys leave it on the receipts or they'll start a convo with me and will then give me their business card. Obviously, I have to be nice and charming or they won't tip lol.

It's really not a big deal, dont worry.

• i see how it works for you girls. My girlfriend shows me them, then throws them away

• Yeah, I just always tell my boyfriend just in case. I never want him to be in the dark about who is trying to hit on me.

• ok thank you

• If you know she's throwing them away and not talking to them or cheating on you, you have nothing to worry about. Don't put stress on you or the relationship over this when nothing is happening.

My husband is a bartender and he comes home with numbers from all kinds of girls, most written drunkenly on napkins and shit. He's attractive so of course he's going to get numbers. We laugh about it.

• You need to trust your girlfriend: if she wanted other guys, she would be with THEM, not YOU. The mistake a lot of guys and girls make is that they assume their partner is incapable of turning people away at the offer of sex or something "better" than what they have. Unless your partner has ZERO self control and has a history of cheating, that obviously isn't the case.

• Accepting the phone numbers means accepting the fact that she's going to get decent sized tips. It's gross that it has to be that way, but them's the breaks.

• yeah i realized that now. I will talk to her

• She could be cheating and trying to build false trust. When she tells u she wants u to see her as desirable and it's a sign she's attention seeking and immature. When someone hits on me I dont tell my boyfriend because its unnecessary.

• That's a good point but this guy already insecure so don't put more fuel on the fire please

• It doesn't matter is it better I tell him BS so he feels better?

• i talked to her and she said she was doing it for the tips and she didn't mean to make me feel insecure or stuff like that

• Worrying about something like this can ruin your relationship for no reason. She's both telling you about the numbers, and throwing them away. This is showing you that she's trying to be open about it. Honestly you might have to worry if she was hiding it from you, but she's being very open about it. You're probably fine.

• She's throwing the numbers away, so don't stress too much. I can understand why she takes the numbers, because if a guy thinks she's interested, chances are he's gonna tip her pretty well. Look at it from her point of view. She's also probably telling you about it so you both know she's not hiding anything.

I do understand why it upsets you though. Maybe sit her down and tell her how insecure you feel about it. Give her a chance to really reassure you properly.

• No, your insecurities may cause your relationship to fall apart.😕

• Don't worry about it. Happens to me when I go out too, and I don't even tell my boyfriend unless it comes up somehow because it's just not really important. She's not keeping the numbers, so that's all that matters.

• ok thanks, yeah she shows me them then thorws them away

• Why does she get the numbers though? Can't she turn the guys down and say she doesn't want the numbers

• i guess soo

• If it's for better tips, that's ridicolous. Otherwise I wouldn't worry but accepting numbers because of tips is a sad excuse for accepting numbers

• i guess she does it for tips, she isn't trashy or anything like that. i will talk to her

What Guys Said 4

• There's no point in worrying. Once again, the best thing to do here is not give a fuck.

It may be difficult, but at least pretend.

As for if you should be worried. She loves you, right? Then no, don't worry

• As long as she keeps throwing them away and never calls/texts those numbers, you have nothing to worry about.

• If she wants to cheat, she will find a way to cheat. You worrying about it will acomplish nothing. Just be ready if she does cheat, don't give second chances.

• Yeah if she keeps calling them u should