Why is he more open about being with me while drinking?

I've been dating this guy for a month or so. We see each other practically every other day. He is sort of closed off and always acting cool when he's sober. He doesn't get very emotional and it's hard for me to tell if he's serious about me. When he drinks he's a lot more open and affectionate like he'll offer to do things for me in the future, tell his friends about me and he's referred to us as a couple. i can't tell if he's feeling this way even when he's sober or what

Most Helpful Guy

• Booze can cause one to lose one's inhibitions

What Guys Said 4

• Probably, drinking helps the honesty come out.

• He probably just feels the same way, but drinking makes him more vocal about it.

• That's just the alcohol making him feel good.

• Maybe because he's drunk...

What Girls Said 4

• Maybe you should address this when he is sober. He doesn't have to shout it from the roof tops, but he can be open to you. Tell him that you would like that. If he says he will try then its a good sign. But if the only time he can show you that he cares is when he is drunk or under the influence of a substance, then you may want to reconsider what you are looking for.

• He is probably more himself when he drinks.

Alcohol does that to some people.

• Maybe he is, maybe he isn't. We are not able to tell, since we do not actually know him.

• It is not strange at all. Alcohol can have that particular effect on people. It can make them more open and emotional because they lose their inhibitions.