I have a 20 yr old boyfreind and im 16 we have had sex and he tells me he wants to put a ring on it is that something I should believe?

Most Helpful Guy

• I think it's too early to get married. I'm not gonna judge that you're a minor and he's not because I know it's not illegal everywhere (in my country you wouldn't have problems, for example), but it doesn't change the fact that you're too young to get married in my opinion.

What Guys Said 2

• no, you should not.
    He's young, and you're even younger.

If he legit want to wed you, then he should wait "a couple" years. And if he's talking about now, then he's either a fool or trying to fool you.

• you are a little young for marriage...

What Girls Said 2

• ... Oh, my. No. Seriously, don't.

And he shouldn't be sleeping with you if you're under-age as it is.

• Yeah... having sex with a minor is illegal. If you really loved him you wouldn't have sex with him until you were 18.

• by definition she may not be a minor.
      You answer under the assumption that the age of concent is 18. For example here in norway that is 16, and some even has it as low as 15.
      So you can't say for sure that she's a minor by the laws where she live, because you don't know where she live.

• Her parents if they found out could still press charges against him since she's not 18, which will lead to him being labeled a sex offender. At the end of the day the parent have the last say unless she emancipates herself.