Why are there so many decent looking guys with ugly women?

this isn't just my thought but the one of many out there... there are many good lookign women who are single and who can't meet a guy and many men who settle for 'ugly to fat' women... and no its not that the 'ugly woman' had a better personality or was a better person... its an epidemic now--there are even articles written about it...

thoughtcatalog. com / alexandra-mason/2014/03/what-is-with-all-these-attractive-men-marrying-ugly-women/

there are many smoking hot women who can't seem to meet any of these men yet these men are settling for the ugly girls.. do they feel they can't do any better? low self esteem? just settle for what they can get? the weird thing is many of these so-called guys, would actually reject a pretty girl and WANT to get with the lesser attractive women... is it a self esteem thing.. it's confusing. I see it all the time--really cute guy or average guy with just repulsive creepy woman. once a saw a female, i mean she was HUGE like..250lbs, weird looking, weird personality and was with this "cute" guy who gave ME a dirty look and im hot? these same MEN are repulsed by sexy women and go for the repulsive looking females.. and i dont mean just slightly obese many of these women are morbidly obese or really ugly and usually repulsive looking. I knew a girl from childhood--average female.. cute in a little sister kind of way--ended up with a really cute guy-- im playboy model material and men shun and growl angrily at me with hate when they see me and try to mess with me.. then they go for some really ugly fat weird female and worship the ground she walks on--what is going on with this epidemic and NO dont give the "LOOKS DONT MATTER PERSONALITY MATTERS".. im talking about LOOKS here and people with looks AND personality and ugly people with NO LOOKS OR PERSONALITY... i have several friends hot women who've said the same thing--they see fat girls at the mall having fun with guys but they can't get a guy--

a lot of these men are with these women for 'ego reasons'... b/c they want ot be the better looking one, they want the upper hand, it makes them feel more in control or more comfortable.. it isn't b/c they aren't shallow.. they are insecure to be with someone better looking than them.. or they are so insecure they feel they can't do any better.. they aren't noble people esp if theyre shunning pretty women so angrily.. they just must have such warped self esteems its scary or they had to settle

Most Helpful Girl

• Ya... I was riding on the busy and last week I saw this guy who was kinda cute and sitting next to this SUPER fat lady. Then they started cuddling and realized they were DATING. It waz kinda cute but at the same time I waz slightly like OMG why her? hoping she has a pretty great an loving personality...

• HA the day I would ever think some fat chick is hotter than me... bitch, I run every day and keep in shape WOW

• it seems like men today a lot go for the really ugly creepy women.. im almost thinking you have to be fat and ugly to get a cute guy

What Guys Said 43

• I think I worked out why you are single.

• Maybe it's because "hot women" like you have shitty personalities and aren't actually as attractive as you think.

• Hey, somebody call Mordor, because I think that one of their trolls got loose and wandered over here. >.>

• sorry but this sounds like a guy trolling question. If not then, well, it's not really an ego thing in the terms of making a guy feel better by being with an uglier partner. On the contrary, guys like trophy wives. But most learn early on that they can't get it and that "trophy" actually could mean someone who they can have fun with. but in saying that, I do believe many marraiges fail because people settle down, rather than attracting those they truly like (which is self esteem and reality sometimes)

• Well, I read the article (even gave my 2 cents to it). I think she is stupid as fuck and needs to wake up. I can give you tons of different explanations to this, but my favorite is this: My one friend is really a cool guy. He is with a group of us guys and is out with us now and then. He is a little short (just below average) and pretty thin. He loves soccer and is a demon dribbler on Sunday soccer sessions (I hate marking the guy). He also is flippin funny. But he wasn't the best with women. Was the typical nice/shy guy in school and university. No girls really went for him. Then one day some other awkward girl came into the picture. She was very shy and reserved and I would say objectively a 6, possibly a 7 (on the cosmo scale). They stuck together forever and they finally got married. He always reminds me how much he loves her. But yes, the ending, he is a financial genius, has just created his second listed company and was voted recently in the top 30 entrepreneurs of Africa under.

• ...35 years old. He has achieved all this by the age of 32. Yes his wife is not some supermodel or smoking hot by cosmo standards, but she sure has a bigger wedding ring than most of your friends and his confidence and demeanor makes this guy so attractive. All the jocks, all the hotties, even me, all of us (I have a six pack and bench 100KG) crawl on our knees to this guy for help to make it. He is that powerful, and he is really cool. I highly doubt he will leave the girl that was by his side for all those years for the girl who spends 10 years in the bathroom thinking that her beauty alone can command men.

• You want me to base my logic on thought catalogue? lol...😂😂 yeah, look hun... good luck with navigating your life reading that shit. As far as I can see, half those thought bloggers are writing that shit at home with their cats, instead of getting out and actually putting their theories to the test.

• Perhaps these women aren't as judgmental as you.

• I'm going to give you my brutally honest opinion. A lot of the time guys don't have the guts to approach hot girls because they think they are "out of their league" which is something I don't believe in as I've seen old fat guys with young hot women. Another part of the problem is good looking women sometimes have over-inflated egos so they turn down the few guys that do muster up the courage to ask them out, and then they get ignored by the really good looking guys they want because those guys already have girlfriends.

Lastly, most women are young and hot at some point, but they don't really start looking for a husband until they get older, get fat, lose their looks, and often they've had kids with some douchebag already. Guys not having confidence is only the tip of the iceberg. The bulk of the problem is that women just have unrealistic expectations and don't settle down fast enough. Us men constantly are shamed for expecting skinny, hot women, and told we should settle for a fat older woman with kids, so a lot of men do lower their standards and settle. Meanwhile women can't settle for a guy if he is short or disabled or poor or has freckles but nobody shames them for that and tells them to get their heads out of their asses.

• I'm going to go out on a limb here and make an assumption based on your age and the fact that you down-voted me. You're probably one of those women I'm talking about who thinks she is still hot shit but is being ignored now because she didn't settle sooner.

• I give you credit for not simply cutting and pasting this every time you troll with it again.

• If your friends are like you who in the hell wants to be with someone with such a bitchy attitude, even if she thinks she is beautiful

• Hot women make great friends with benefits, but not good partners in my experience. They get hit on everywhere they go in person, whether it's to the store, the gym, at work and on every social media outlet. You'll be shocked at how often it happens, and if she's insecure at all, she'll hand out her #, snapchat, Facebook to anyone that asks like Halloween candy for the attention and admiration of feeling wanted and attractive. Its way better to be the attractive one, for that reason alone... I used to be kept up at night cuz Id catch her snapping and texting random dudes from the bar she met during girls nights out.

• I disagree. I'm hot and never get hit on or give my number out. So wtf

• Ya , this is wrong , people. Obviously you and all the smokin' hot women deserve the best men, because you are smokin' hot. If men won't come to you, then we need to drag them by FORCE. We will torture them TILL THEY LEAVE THEIR FAT BITCHES and START LOVING YOU. We will MAKE THEM love you. Bring in some active feminists, Let's all strive and give you the right you have rightfully earned by birthing with lucky genetics, not having a difficult life , spending 2 hours a day to apply lipstick, glittery nailpolish, eyeliner and all those wonderful things and wearing slutry clothes which make you look smokin' hot. Applauds for you.

• Because a lot of girls that are "hot" or "have a lot of 'personality' " are just jerks. I wouldn't want to want to date them, either. Too many of them think they're entitled to everything because they're attractive or they're really stuck up or demanding/high maintenance.

• Because it may be hard for you to comprehend but not all men want the smoking hot bitchy woman. Guys like different thing. Some guys look for a girl that he can she himself having a life with and maybe that's not a "smoking hot woman". Maybe they have other qualities that drives men away. We aren't all shallow pigs...

• But me I do look for hot girls so your entire question is irrelivent to me personally

• People take what they think they deserve (Just cause you find them pretty, doesn't mean think that about themselves) Also being with someone who is less than you, is easier, since it requires less maintenance. From your text I assume you know what I'm talking about (the hot and the submissive)

• I think your question here is proof of why this happens... guys don't like artificial women, unless they just wast a trophy wife.

• I haven't read everything, but it's most likely because they realize that it's very difficult to find someone who is equal in terms of looks.
    Looks are distributed the same way as intelligence :

Left and right from the median, there are the extremes : The one on the left is far below average and on the right far above average. Only 2% of the population fall into this range. - Height is subject to this rule too, so I think it also applies to looks.

• I mean, it might not help your question as im aware im not ''decent looking'', But honestly, i would never date a women who wasn't on the 'lower end' of the beauty scale.

• If you think about it if a man valued the looks of his SO alone then as time goes on then that relationship would lose value as the woman ages. If that was the case then a woman in her 30's would be left on the shelf as she would not have the same value as a young 20 year old. That 30+ year old would then have to lower her standards as the kind of men she desires no longer have intrest in her. I would compare a 30+ woman to a box of eggs that no one wants to pay full price for as they are about to go out of date.

• you're asking the wrong question. what you should be asking is: why so meany hot girls go for abusive, cheating slime-balls.

• Most of us guys who are wise, don't go for the hottest girl.

Most guys go for the girl that shows the most interest back in him.

So maybe these "smoking hot" girls aren't showing enough interest in guys, and are losing out in the end.

• Oh god... -.-

• They can't get a guy because the guy walks away once those shallow chicks start talking... Yes looks are important but so is personality. Only shallow guys will give hot chicks a pass on their crappy personality.

• They are easier and less picky. They could have other nice qualities too.

• Love the profile pic. Manson is awesome and has more truth about love than what you will find on gag.

• Some people don't care about appearances, they wanna be with who makes them happy. Some beautiful women think beauty is everything and are very superficial. Do you think this so-called beautiful women date men who are not attractive and without money? The answer is very few

• Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Maybe the so-called "smoking hot" woman is too high maintenance? And if you say "I'm hot", you're a narcissist and no guy wants to be with someone like that long term. Women are brutal. You know that. A man wants to be loved and made to feel good; a woman wants to be WANTED. That's the really big difference between the sexes.

• The reverse of this, is far more common

• Case by case it may be self esteem, the perception that prettier girls are more demanding far out of proportion with their looks, plus we aren't allowed to even NOTICE that a girl is pretty or not lest we be tattooed shallow assholes

• ... bearing in mind that the we've ruled out personality, as per the question description...

• You sound angry that you cannot get a boyfriend. Well, some men believe it or not go for women with personality. I am not one of those men. But, I do have a preference for fat women.

• For clarification purposes with the first statement, I meant to say how do you know these women do not have personality?

• I guess because you find women less attractive than guys xD

• I notice the same thing about women. I saw an extremely cute girl with a bigger not so attractive guy the other day. Not to mention, I've noticed this a lot lately as well.

• whom they date is their own business... lolo..

• More from Guys
    13

What Girls Said 21

• There's this thing called a good personality. I think you should look into it in order to answer your question. You version of perfect isn't someone else's version of perfect, and men do prefer a woman with a good personality over a pretty bitch any day of the week. They're looking for good wifey material, not some quick fuck.

• 10|0
    • yup that is exactly the kind of hideous fat cows guys go for.. angry bitter whales who are creepy as hell

• Well, from the perspective of an average woman married to a guy who looks like he should be modeling for Paco Rabanne, I can tell you that looks don't mean jack when it comes to true love. My husband and I met 8 years ago and the chemistry between us was just amazing. We looked into each other's eyes and it felt like lightning struck us both. We have the same values, the same outlook on life and the same vision of our future. I wasn't looking for an extremely attractive man; it was love at first sight, we were meant to be together; I knew it the moment I looked into his eyes. He felt the same, he just... fell in love with me. I happened to be his type. And he does get annoyed by super hot women who expect him to find them attractive, look at them and flirt with them. Not only because he doesn't want me to feel hurt by that behavior (I'm very insecure and afraid that he might leave me one day for a better looking woman), but also because he just doesn't like that type of woman. He prefers women who are obviously modest.

So, to explain the look of disgust towards you:
    He sees you're looking at him. He might know you find him attractive. You gave his girlfriend dirty looks. And, to make you back off just in case you want to, I don't know, start a fight, flirt with him or make his girlfriend (whom he loves) feel like shit, he gives you a dirty look right back. Nothing more than that. It doesn't mean he wouldn't be attracted to you if he were single, it means he's an honorable guy who won't let anyone come between his girlfriend and him.

By the way, I was taught that while physical beauty is a great trait, what matters most if you wanna land a husband is if you can cook, clean, and give him a backrub after a long hard day at work. Any skills from hobbies like sewing, flower arranging, lace making, embroidery etc are very welcome. Also, having high standards when it comes to sexual partners and dressing modestly yet feminine is very much appreciated. Of course, times have changed, but most of the men I know very much appreciate these traits in a woman. If you haven't already, I suggest you give it a try :) not trying to bash you, I'm trying to give genuine advice.

• Well then, I'm sorry, I must have misunderstood. And I didn't call you names or try to insult you either, perhaps you should read again. I was just trying to tell you that physical beauty is not the only thing why people can be together. I'm wondering if you're really over 30, because you sound really immature.

I wasn't bashing you because you're beautiful, I was trying to explain why sometimes two people can be together, for other reasons than physical attraction. And trying to explain how one of those guys might see your behavior based off my husband's experiences. Yes, I'm insecure that he might cheat. He hasn't given me any reason to doubt his loyalty to me as of yet, but yes, I know the day will come. Thanks for reminding me though.

• And what I actually meant to say was, if you haven't already tried those things, you might want to give them a try: I don't know you and I don't know how you dress, you asked this question anonymously, I genuinely have no impression of what kind of person you actually are looks-wise, dress-wise, nothing. But since you DO dress classy and since you know you are a good woman there was no reason to feel like I was trying to belittle you. I know things might seem different written like this than how they were actually meant to come across, but I promise you, I didn't want to sound arrogant or belittling at all. I was REALLY, just trying to help. I'm sorry it came across like this, not at all how I meant it.

• WHOOPS, you deleted your comments? How do you do that?

• just because you think you're hot doesn't mean others will too. you also sound like people owe you something. i think kylie jenner is ugly yet people still love her. lets just focus on you for a second and why YOU can't get a guy. women who are usually praised for being hot become self centered bitches who think the world needs to worship them. apparently im really attractive but i dont go around saying "omg im so hot but guys dont like me!!!" you just need to get over yourself. if i were a guy i'd pick an overweight woman over a self centered bitch. she can lose the weight but can you lose that awful way of thinking?

• People go for who they are attracted to, and being attracted to someone, even physically, is about far more than just how they would rate on a generic standard of beauty... it's things like how they dress, how they carry themselves, how much and what kind of make up they wear, etc. A lot of guys don't want "high maintenance" women and so they will avoid women who wear a lot of designer clothes/accessories and look like they take 2 hours to get ready in the morning.

Honestly, I'm not buying it that super hot guys are always going out with a bunch of overweight ugly women... I think you're full of it there... but most guys would be a lot happier with a low-maintenance 7 than a high-maintenance 10.

• You're a smart girl :-)

• The prettier the girl the higher maintenance she is. This is just an observation. Maybe @asker you are the one who is ugly and the beautiful ones are taken. Men are better judgers of female appearance and therefore if your single and nobody asks u out nowadays your probably not great looking.
      I find it funny bevause hot girls are usually takEn. My advice to u is ask a guy out. I did to my boyfriend.

• I didn't say all 10's are high maintenance and all 7's are low maintenance, and I wasn't using the rating scale myself so much as using it as an example. All I'm saying is, a lot of times, really "hot" women also put a tonne of effort into their appearance, and that is a big turn off for a lot of guys. It may very well be that some women who wear a tonne of make up and designer clothes and accessories are really easy-going, but generally guys are going to assume they're high maintenance based on their appearance. Just as there are plenty of really bitchy athletic girls, men are going to make the assumption that a woman is easy-going and chill if he sees her dressed and ready to play soccer or something, when she's not wearing any make up and has her hair tied back.

Basically, what I'm saying is, regardless of whether it is true for any given individual or not, the way you present yourself through your appearance drives the assumptions that people make about you. That's all.

• Because beauty also comes from the inside?

• really... so hot women aren't pretty inside? that makes no sense

• "hot women aren't pretty inside"
      That doesn't make sense, very judgmental and false indeed...

I didn't say that

• You seem to misunderstand, because a lot of people seem to agree with me

• Holy wow I can feel your hate from here. I wonder how many insults you can come up with in one sentence? I mean, most of your replies to people on here are absolutely shit. I mean seriously? Stringing a bunch of insults together does not a better insult make. Just makes you sound crazy. And like you failed kinder (preschool).

• All these claims of hotness, yet you're anon and no picture examples available?

Assuming this isn't a troll post, why don't you show everyone yourself so we can evaluate exactly how hot you are?

Surely if you were a supermodel type, you'd have no issues showing your face and flaunting your looks.

If you refuse, I can only assume you're a hideous orge who's jealous of her ugly peers. Peers, that are in loving relationships while you're wallowing in your bitter butthurt. <3

• Most guys don't get into a serious relationship with a girl over her apperance, deal... with... it

• Why are there gorgeous women with ugly men? Not everyone is shallow.

• I must of missed the boat since I'm ugly and no gorgeous women date me.

• Okay, I just read the update. Yes, I agree with your statement. Some men feel more secure with a less attractive woman, because they think that she won't cheat. I think it's wrong for some to think that because I've seen some ugly people (male and female) cheat on their very attractive partner.

It's a sad cycle, but only proves that at the end of the day, it's the personality that matters the most in the long run

• i know, i totally agree and its messed up... b/c people of all looks and calibres cheat.. average or pretty or what not... i think the real reason and i read this somewhere just now, is that men feel a lack of control with pretty or good looking women... these women have an upper hand and power and men want that power.. so they can more easily control the 'average' women or they think... its messed up...

• Maybe because those women have the confidence (and by confidence i mean I'm fat so what but i'm still sexy attitude) to get guys…where as a lot of "skinny" women can be more self conscious

• One of the main ingredients a man wants from a relationship is to be appreciated. Perhaps men feel that a 'less desirable' woman would be more appreciative of his effects and qualities, than a high maintenance woman? I am not sure.

• Guys assume if a girl's ugly not as many guy have hit it.

• That's not true. All men go for the uglier girls and ignore the hot ones. If I gained weight I'd have a better chance of meeting a guy

• By why are you single? these so called unattractive women labelled by you must have got something good that you don't have?

• Why don't you take that piece of advice from alexandra mason and become uglier yourself to catch a decent guy? You could always become perfect again later.

• they see fat girls at the mall having fun with guys but they can't get a guy-- same...

• I believe there to be worse problems in this world

• Maybe its because they have more meat on there bones and there beautiful.

• Depends honestly on if you are attracted to more curves or not. Everyone has different taste. Usually people go for healthier. In Victorian times, heavier and curvier women were considered more attractive cuz more meat on the bones meant you were wealthier and had more status as a mate. More recently as sports came more popular in the 70's, a more muscular build is considered attractive. What is considered beautiful in the female figure in particular has changed throughout the times I think the main factors are this:
      1. The individual person's idea of what is beautiful
      2. Society's perception of what is beautiful
      3. Our natural instinct to seek out the healthiest and most physically suitable mate

• So good point :)

• Thank you.

• Where is this? I totally missed that memo! Lol Drats!

• Get over yourself, beauty isn't everything PERIOD !

• Wow you're in your 30's and act like a child. I feel sorry for you and by the way you wanted opinions on your troll question so by all means I can post and answer what I feel like posting & answering ! You can continue trash talking all you want girl I don't mind I'm used to uneducated, bitter, and hating people like you !

• you sound like a shallow brainless idiot anonymous, the poster speaks sense

• To be honest, I've seen MANY beautifully STUNNING women be complete bitches which makes them very ugly.. Looks do nothing for personality, and really you most likely don't know any of these women to judge them. Maybe the men see something in them that they don't see in you?

• Also, it is naturally ingrained in man and women to seek out the healthiest made as well as one who we love personality-wise. I don't know about most people here but I'd rather date a healthy guy who is a healthy weight then a guy who is obese and completely un-energetic, leaving personality out of it. But thats just me, others may find heavy people more attractive, its just that more people like slimmer partners cuz most of us naturally want healthier rather than heavier.

• *mate not made

• Psycho? Hahaha, sweetheart I'm far from that. Lmao. According to this post, you're upset because you're petty ass can't get a decent looking guy. Hahaha. You're so funny! Everyone has a bitchy side, I agree with that, but just because someone is ugly doesn't mean they don't gave a good personality.. & where did I say hot women were nasty? When I read my opinion again NOWHERE did I say you were nasty. If you have a bad attitude, you are ugly. (not meaning you, but meaning some women in general) From the looks of the MEN that commented, they don't want a"hot chick" for various reasons... I need help? Honey, you're upset because of OTHER PEOPLES RELATIONSHIPS THAT DON'T INVOLVE YOU!!! Hahaha, its very clear who needs help here.