So it's racist to have a particular preference?

So apparently it's racist to have a skin type preference.

Whether I just want to date white people, black people, Asian people or arab people, if I specifically want to date ONE type because they're my PREFERENCE, it's RACIST?

I'm wondering whether it's racist if a black man only wants to date black women?

Oh not it's not because black pepole can't be fucking racist lol

Fuck me!!!

Most Helpful Guy

• It's not racist.

What Girls Said 14

• It's racist to call it a "skin type preference." Honestly, you can have one but you don't have to share it. I mean the fact that you have the preference isn't racist, but the fact that you're categorizing ethnicities is.

• What's the difference between saying a "skin type preference" and saying "I only want to date members of my own race"?

• There isn't one; that's the point. Hopefully people in the future will have relaxed a little and not see everything as racist, but in the current time period it's a really sensitive issue and you have to be really careful. The best thing you could do would be to not vocalize your "skin type preference" aloud

• -_- this kind of political correctness is very irritating.

everybody is categorized. Just like everybody needs a label these days. It makes the world easier to sort out.

• No its not. Date who you want its no one elses business.

If you start saying a particular race is ugly thats where problems start.

• To me it depends on your reason behind it. I don't find anything wrong with preferences but with the whole racial preference I feel like the reason behind having them is always negative. Like you can like what you like but when people sit up here and say "I don't date *insert race* because they're unattractive/ugly/ghetto etc" then in my opinion, it becomes racist.

And the whole singling out black people kinda makes you seem racist. Just sayin.

• That's not racist, though. It's just that you don't date people from a certain race because there's something you find unattractive about them. Now, if you were to say "Dating *insert race* is wrong. They're all evil. I'd never date them because they're inferior to every other race" then that's racist. If I said I didn't like like skin, was I being racist towards Caucasians or Asians? It's something I don't like, and I might say, for example, that I don't like Asians because they're like that. Maybe I like dark skin a lot. Well, I've given a reason why I don't date a certain race and haven't said that Asians were bad. I just don't prefer them. It'd be like prefer a certain height or age or what not. Racism is racism when hate is involved. I have preferences. I prefer girls from certain races over others. I don't hate the other races, though. I just find that, girls from certain races are what I'm looking for in a woman and woman in other's aren't. I don't hate them, though.

• I think we're done here.

• You need to stop being an oppressive racist bigot towards other races of women who desperately need your attention. Remember, whether or not you are physically attracted to your partner is not important whatsoever and has no bearing on a successful relationship because we are all equal and beautiful in every way.

• I'm not going to start dating a race purely because I'm seen as "oppressive and racist" if I don't.

"Remember, whether or not you are physically attracted to your partner is not important whatsoeve" ... you're completely and utterly delusional.

• It's called sarcasm.

• Yeah, and I'm supposed to figure that out how?

• You say it yourself, it's just a preference and nothing to do with racism at all.

PS. Black people can be racist just like everybody else can be, please go outside.

• "please go outside." ... You give a great, insightful answer and you end it with a patronising comment. What a waste.

• The "Fuck me!!!" was unnecessary and frankly even more rude.

• *eye roll*

• I don't think if is racist. Racism is discriminating against someone because of their race. If you are not attracted to somebody it doesn't mean you are discriminating against them. A gay man is only attracted to men. This does not mean he is sexist towards women. It's just personal preference.

• I don't think it's racist... it's just what people are use to and what they thing is the norm. I ask people all the time would you date outside of their race and they would say no they are just use to their own race. It's want some people know and what they are accustom to

• This comes off as a sub. Im guessing someone must have made this statement to you but it doesn't mean it is a general law or theory for it to be racist to only date a certain race, so chill out, lol. it's just the person's opinion, doesn't make it right.

• I don't see anything racists about dating all races or a certain race...

• No it's not racist.

• You like what you like man..

• That's not racist. It' just personal preference, like hair color or height.

• lol looks like someone needs to vent :D Some would see it that way coz they're just oversensitive and difficult people. They take offense and make a big deal out of small things. Having a certain type is not a crime. You have the right to choose who you'd want to date.

• No, it isn't. I try to only date one sort of person (I guess that's the way to say it) but I would say no to a guy because he only dates one color.

What Guys Said 13

• I agree with you. Having a racial / ethnic preference for dating, in itself, isn't racist at all!

However, anyone who 1) gets offended about being asked about their preference, and /or 2) is vehement about not giving a reason behind their preference when asked about it in a non-offensive way...
    ...
    ... is presumed to be a racist towards at least one other race, and/or prejudice against at least one other ethnic group.

---

Why?

Because if the reason for said ethnic / racial preference does NOT have a superiority / inferiority mindset towards another race... that person would just say the reason why without getting all huffy-puffy.

The lack of a response to a curious casual question like that, says it all.

----

I shall ask. Why do you have the racial preference that you have? Why do u specifically go for those races / exclude the other races?

• Because I'm not attracted to them and go for the people I'm attracted to (i. e white women).

• I always my ethnicity to give my opinions context.

• I know you are, I've seen you around and I'd treat you like any other.

Political Correctness goes too far some times, and the further you go the more double standards arise.

• Depends on how you say it.

"I prefer white women because I just happen to find them more attractive" = Not racist

"I prefer white women because black women are ugly as fuck" = Very racist

There's nothing wrong with having preferences as long as you aren't a cunt about it.

• It's not racist unless the reason behind it is because you think they're inferior to you.
    People just get sensitive and offended cause you don't like their race, they just cry like babies instead of not giving a fuck.

• No, it only racist for the reasons behind your preference is racist.

• Well you'll be happy to know I have nothing against any ethnic minority. I just prefer white women and want to date them.

• I agree. Certain groups of people should not be pardoned from punishment or shaming from bad behavior while others are chastized. It's a complete double standard.

• Nope, not racist. Skin color isn't a race. I know Asians and Latinos with exactly the same skin color. Heck, I have the same skin color as my Mexican cousin and I'm Caucasian. If you were to say that a whole race was inferior or something, then, that'd be considered racist.

You can prefer to only date black women just like I prefer not to date them. Neither one of us are racist by doing so. Date who you like. Only girls that are jealous use nonsense like that.

• No attraction is not a choice, you can't help what you like.

As long as you don't mistreat anyone based on their race you are not a racist. A lot of people try to shame others nowadays for not dating outside their race, but I have never been attracted to any one but my own. And its nothing to be ashamed of.

• I agree.

I don't treat anyone differently, unless they're cunts obviously. But I've got nothing against anyone.

• I presume you are referring to a white who wants to date white that not racist it is preference.

• relax, your not racist.

• Anti racist is a code word for anti white.

• I'm black. Who says we can't be racist? And yes it's racist to me to have a preference. I'd fuck the shit out of a black woman, but the same could be said for a Asian or white one too. I'm not saying you can't date who you want. I think that's the problem here. People who are the defense will say "Are you saying I can't date whoever I want to date?" I'm saying I have my opinion and you have yours.

• It's not racist to have a preference but sometimes preferences can have racist groundings. I grew up in Alabama so I've met my fair share of racists and they come in many flavors. But one of the biggest indicators of a person with racists ideals is someone who denies that their viewpoint might actually have racist undertones. Having a preference isn't racist but that doesn't mean you didn't sound racist in the way you presented your preference it also doesn't mean your preference don't stem from racist ideals. It doesn't have to be purposeful to be hurtful.

• So does not liking women because you're gay make you sexist?

• Another example. The extra time you took to isolate and generalize a negative trait about black people makes you seem racist. You know all black people don't think that way so why take the time to write that. It makes you look racist. Most people would assume that only a person who thinks a persons race is deterministic of thier character and abilities aka a racist would think in this way.

• Very well said. And I agree with your comments about the asker singling out black people. I felt it was unnecessary.

• It's racist to let your choice depend on skin color only and to be communicative about it.