Would you marry your first?

Anyone...would you marry your first girlfriend or boyfriend? This would be the first person whom you have ever had sex with. Do you believe in having sex with one person the rest of your life? Also once you are married...you will be making love to that same person forever so its a huge commitment. Do you want to go out and experience it with someone else before you can settle down? If anyone has thoughts please share.

Most Helpful Girl

• I didn't marry my first boyfriend but I did marry the only guy I have ever had sex with--we've been married 23 years now (I'm 47). When I think back on my first boyfriend, I think we could have been happy together but it just didn't work out. Unfortunately, with the man I married, he has been verbally abusive. So, I am now questioning my decision to wait to have sex until I was married. I think "Ironpanther12" (below) said it all. Marry the person you feel like you can't live w/o regardless. I can't say I felt that way about my husband & maybe that was the problem. I don't think it has so much to do with which number it is but whether its the right person.

What Girls Said 22

• I wouldn't like to marry my first I think I shouvld have waited I have no issue haveing sex with one person for the rest of my life but I think that is because I have played a little with a few other and I know that what I have with him is great. I know this because a past flame and understand he could rock my world and I would daydream about it for weeks tried to start something but when I thought about cheating I just couldn't do it (not that I haven't cheated for this guy in past relationships) I just didn't want him I love my guy now,

• I don't necessarily believe in having ever had sex with just one person. I believe in being with someone you can't live without.

I did consider for a long time that I could marry my first boyfriend. I loved him a lot and still do. But we grew apart, and I began to feel like I wanted to experience new things. It makes me feel like a horrible person, but I couldn't help it.

I still think of him as an end of sorts. As if I am on a road somewhere and he is at the end of it. Like in the end, we would have come full circle to find each other again. I can't imagine it otherwise. But I am just really messed up right now.

Anyways, those were my 2 cents.

• My 1st time was when I was 16, and yes he is now my husband. I have never had sex with anyone else, and I don't plan to. I have no problem knowing that I will have sex with only him from now on. We have been together 8 years now, and still going strong.

• I was engaged to the guy I lost it too. Thank goodness we broke up, he was not right for me too imature to hyperactive, and a douche bag. I know I made a mistake but to spend the rest of my life with him would have been awful. Sex is an important part of a relation ship but each person is diferent so waiting for marrige could be the right option for you. As for me no, that way I realized he wasn't the one. I want to marry a man that isn't completely selfish when it comes to sex.

• That's perfectly fine with me. I don't need to date or have sex with other guys as long as I have the one that's meant for me.

• No, If someone can love me amazingley I'm sure that our sex will be just as amazing. If not, you can always fix that. Yes, I do believe in having sex with one person for life and I hope that my first is my last. People are all basically the same until you find someone you love and they make it great fo you. Having multiple partners is overrated.

• I don't know that I would be with the first person I dated. Sometimes mistakes are made and it I better not to continue with that relationship. However, I do believe in being with one prson your entire life. If you've slept with someone before you get married, that's usually not very realistic though. Either way, having as few sexual partners as possble is a better option.

When you have sex with a person there is a biochemical bond that is made between youand that person, and the more partners a person has, the less they are able to connect with their partners down the road.

Another argument that people make I that you need to find someone you are sexually compatible with. But the truth is that no one is born with a sexual style, it is developed as the person becomes more sexually experienced, and people develop their sexual styles and preference from the people they've been with.

• Im planning on marrying my first :)

• well I'm 21 and I'm on abstinence. I do believe in having sex with just one person. I'm a girl and have many reasons why I would like to wait until marriage. I think that it is a huge commitment, but you can see it as a gift to that person that you truly love. why would you want to experience it with others that have experinced it with others as well. you just want one. one true love. one to dedicate you life to. I don't think its necessarily your first boyfriend/girlfriend, but the one you are marrying for sure. let me know if this helped!

• "I'm on abstinence. I do believe in having sex with just one person. " Abstinence is abstinence.

• Nahh its the new form of birth control jacques lol

• I think that would be really special and it can happen but it's not likely for the majority of people. If someone is bothered about having to sleep with the same one person in their life then they obviously don't love their partner and should split up with them so they can f*** around.

• HELL YEAH! id sooo be with that person forever, idc if I gotta have sex with that person over nd over again! its great! so if whoever is having 2nd thoughts then it ain't for you man...but umm no I would not experience it with anyone else cause ill love every moment with my love =]

• It honestly depends on the guy and when I first have sex. It's improbable that I'll only have one guy, seeing as how I want to marry(if at all) at least a decade from now.

• ive been with one guy for about a year and a half. haven't had sex yet; he says he'd love to marry me someday. I just don't know if I feel the same. he's dated other people, I never have.

• my grandparents are 54 and have been togeather sence they were12 so it does happen

• I am so planning to marry my boyfriend :D <3333333333333333

he's my first and last!

• it depends :D

• Yes. If I feel like I love him.

• I can't imagine marrying the guy I really liked at 16, but the one I met at 20? Yeah, sure. There's a comfort level there that you can't replace. He watched me change. I watched him grow. There were a lot of fun college memories, and some rough patches, too. But I'd love to be able to share them with my kids one day and start off a story with "when we were in college your father...".

We never had sex because I wasn't ready. I didn't love him at the time. I believe in having sex with someone you are completely in love with, someone you know you can spend the rest of your life with. Having said that, I can't imagine having sex with someone I wasn't completely committed to. I wouldn't need to have sex with someone else just to have the experience.

• if I loved them no I wouldn't want to experiment with someone else.

• I think having sex with multiple partners is completely overrated. It is something that appeals to young guys but for me I know the best sex is with a man who totally adores me and is in to me. I did not marry my first but close and I never, ever worried about not being with anyone else again.

I have since divorced and I have had the opportunity to date and have sex and, again, completely overrated. I am abstaining until I meet a great guy who is in to me. Anything less than that is a yawnfest. So many guys think that all they have to do is have certain techniques or a big penis and they are all that. They aren't. They just miss the point that women get the most turned on by a guy who she knows she can trust and that will want to spend time with her outside of the bedroom too.

• no, I would never get married to anyone

• I don't know if I would marry my first boyfriend. My first boyfriend and I just broke up and he had asked me before if I would marry him (not a formal proposal, he just asked).

But I do believe in having sex with one person for the rest of my life, I call it MARRIAGE! I want to give my husband my EVERYTHING.

If you are getting married, that is a commitment itself to be with that person for the rest of your life. And like someone said, it not a big commitment if you really love them. Because if you really truly love that person, you will only give yourself to that person. Why go around sleeping around with other people when you are married? Then why even get married? That's why I realy don't believe in divorces but that's just me.

But I would definitely just want to have sex with only one person for the rest of my life and that would be my husband. He would be the only one that I would give my EVERYTHING to.

What Guys Said 13

• I did believe in only one sexual partner; however, after finding that "first" your referring to, sleeping with my best friend after 4 years, I was extremely p*ssed off and move on to a new relationship. Now I don't believe in that, and reasonably so - I wouldn't suffocate my experiences in life, if the individual that I wanted as my "only" would want to please herself with a variety of others too.

Now that I look back, I regret behaving like a babboon - it made me look rediculous and naive about relationships; however, it opened my eyes to a more realistic approach on how to handle situations and maintain my composure.

If I would have waited till much older in life to have my "first" i.e. marriage- it would be much more likely to keep that partner; however, if I were to take a brief guess on the relationship, an average would be that they are abusive if there wasn't any experience formed from previous relationships.

Best regards,

ArtistBBoy

• "This would be the first person whom you have ever had sex with."

:-o

Certainly not that one!

Marry the first one I truly loved? Yes, I would have done it and even with hindsight, I don't know if it would have been a good idea. A bad idea then? IDK, even with hindsight.

My first girlfriend, my second girlfriend? I knew then it would be a bad idea to stay with them. Same for a few others.

Why marry the first person you have sex with? Is there a good reason to do hat?

• not necessarily my first girlfriend but the first girl I was with that I truly loved, cared for and would do anything for I would without a doubt marry and be with her for the rest of my life...given that she feels the same way of course. I think that if you can work your problems out in a peaceful way and its a healthy relationship where your not all over each other 24/7 (even though that doesn't sound too horrible) the commitment isn't that huge if you think about it, because when your in love that's the huge thing...everything else that comes along with true love doesn't exactly affect the relationship as long as it is a healthy one. experience is good, but having the feeling of comfortability, sexually and emotionally with that one person is indescribable...i personally prefer that, I guess I'm just a sucker for love.

• I'm going to marry my first and only girlfriend. I believe in sharing intimacy with only one person. Sex is personal to me and personal to my girlfriend and I want to be only exclusive to her. For the sake of a marriage and a relationship, don't share this experience with anyone else. Unless...you're into that kinda of stuff. =/

• Whoever I fall in love with and can't live without I'll marry. I don't care what number she is.

• honestly the prospect of marriage seems scary to me.I didn't used to think so when I was younger.But I'm thirty now and all my friends who got married in their 20's seem miserable now.Same with many people my parents age. And from what I understand married people don't really have sex much if at all.So if sex is a priority then marriage is probably not the best option.Dont get me wrong.Despite all that I have said I would like to settle down one day.And I don't want multiple partners either.I love the company of one woman. I just think it is better to live your own life for a while before mixing with someone elses.Also keep in mind that men and women age differently.30 means two totally different things depending on whether you are male or female.

• I could probably have been happy living with my "first love". But I chose not to do that. And I never had any feelings for the girl I lost my virginity to. I basically just "got my cherry popped". :p

I've yet to find a girl that I truly belive I will be happy with for the remainder of my life.

• If it would of worked out that was what I ideally wanted to marry my first love. the way I look at it is if I love the girl I'm with there really don't seem to be any other girls around. that sounds a bit corny but when I've truly loved that's how it has felt. I think Love is a much stronger emotion than most people give it credit. I've had my fair share of girlfriends, but only said Love to one. so I don't think I would mind having one woman for the rest of my life.

• Well personally I'm planning on marriage with my girlfriend (first), she would also be my first sexual partner and probably my only. Marriage is a big commitment but you'll have to deal with those issues together, remember you won't be the only one going through this. As for going out and experiencing it with other people that would be an individual decision; personally I want to save the experience for my wife.

• As of right now, I'm with my first. It could very easily turn into marriage, considering how well we get along and work out problems.

• i want to stay with my first girlfriend forever and its not a big commitment if its love you'll do anything if you truly love someone

• I have a feeling that my first is going to be my one an only. I've gone 21 years with nothing. I just have a feeling that once I finally have someone she'll be "the one". Then If not, sh*t. lol

• I would marry my first. I've never really saw it as wanting or having to experience sex with different people. If you love someone and are comfortable with them and both are willing ... you can get everything you need from the one person.