Instagramming during a date?

My friend recently asked a girl out on a first date and when I asked him how he went he told me it went well but the girl took pictures of everything they ate and instagrammed it. He said it was a bit awkward waiting for her to take the perfect picture and choosing the right filter. Maybe I'm old fashioned but I found it really weird and a bit rude to do that during a first date? Or is it common? Opinions? :)

• Perfectly normal! I have/would do it and wouldn't care if my date did.
  • Rude! I wouldn't do that and would prefer if my date didn't.

Most Helpful Guy

• Yeah I would never be in a relationship with a girl like that. She would have to be seriously beautiful and have an otherwise amazing personality.

Most Helpful Girl

• that's just rude... if i was in the place of the guy there would be no second date

What Guys Said 7

• It's rude. When you're on a date, your attention is supposed to be on the other person and not texting, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and no, not even GAG.

• Agreed. First dates are supposed to be about getting to know eachother and first impressions.

• I would think that would be very rude

• I'd ask them if they were on a date with me or with their phone, and if they'd be so kind as to only choose one of the two options.

• I would only find it rude if she did it constantly. If she just took a couple pics throughout the night, preferably pics with me, I would not mind it.

• Not that it's a big deal, but it's a taste of things to come...

• wow this makes me mad

• Very rude - - -

• Yes. Although I guess there's people out there who disagree, and at least one here on gag!

What Girls Said 2

• I wouldn't think it's rude lol but a bit weird, yes.
    I would totally be up for them to take a selfie with me to post on instagram tho hahaha

• Not a first date😐 that would be so awkward!