Girls, is it true, gender attraction are different guys are looking for physical traits in girls and girls are looking for personality traits in guys?

i want to have a beautiful girlfriend. do you have the same desire if you want having a bf? or you look for personality traits.

• yes, pretty much
    39% (9)
  • nope, i do not agree girls are looking for physical traits in guys
    17% (4)
  • other opinion (explain)
    44% (10)
And you are? I'm a GirlGuys can not vote on this poll

12

Most Helpful Girl

• While most people would like to think that looks don't matter, from a biological basis, men choose their partner based on looks. Research has shown they will choose physical characteristics that will strengthen their own. Overly tall men will be more attracted to short womaen. Etc. Women are biological attracted to confident men who are good providers, as they make good husbands and fathers.

What Girls Said 11

• Although I'm sure both characteristics play a considerable role in either sex's choice of partner's, yes, I think men are more inclined to look for physical traits and women for personality traits. I would prefer someone I'm dating to be good-looking, but his personality is far more important and will most likely overrule my thoughts on his appearance.

• Everyone wants the whole package

• Haha, that is not entirely true. If a guy isn't excessively desperate, then he wouldn't be okay with getting laid with any girl that talks to him. Same for women, men must be both physically appealing, AND have a personality that makes them worth being with.

• I want a beautiful boyfriend. That is, I don't see the point of dating a man if I'm not physically attracted to him. But I couldn't care less if he looks like a model and I want a number of good personality traits, too.

• I think we both look for physical traits, but also looking for personality traits.

For me the personality is key, but I still want a guy who's not ugly

• Everyone wants both. That's just what each happens to look at first and foremost.

• I look for both.

• I look for both. But I have to admit I look at guys eyes first. If I like your eyes then its like + 20 points

• I think it depends on the person. I've got multiple friends -male and female -who are asexual and in relationships -their choices were clearly not made on physical attraction. Likewise, I know plenty of people who freely admit that they got together with their current partners initially based only on looks, and then lucked out on personality. I'm attracted to my boyfriend, yes, but I was not when we first met -it sparked after I learned more about him.

• Women care about looks as well as men do and generally the more she has the more she desires in her mate. I think men lack the ability to see where they stand, like if he is kinda ugly he still wants a hottie.

• yeah its true.