Why do I feel like I'm going to be alone forever?

I've always felt that I am not worthy of the kind of men I feel attracted to, that somehow I should settle for someone less attractive, but since I can't bring myself to do that I wallow in self pity and loneliness. I feel depressed all the time. I don't even know how to flirt, I guess that's something you learn earlier in your development and I've missed my chance on that now :(

Most Helpful Guy

• Don't be hard on yourself. To be honest, I am convinced that I am meant to be a loner, I will probably be alone for the rest of my life.

I don't turn to self-pity though nor I blame myself. It's just that I haven't felt someone who "gets" me, that's all. Probably you haven't met someone who is compatible to your personality. Trust me, that makes it a lot easier to carry on any relationship with anyone.

Feeling lonely is completely normal. I often feel as I was tossed into oblivion and now I'm just waiting for someone to put me back on the ground. It's not that though, I haven't been looking for girls or seeking relationships in very long time. I'm not even trying at this point.

I guess it is how it is, all in due time...

What Guys Said 5

• No, you've missed out on nothing. You are young, and most probably very attractive. I don't know any unattractive girls, I don't think they exist.

First thing to do is practice smiling in private until it comes more naturally, then try it on a guy you fancy. If you don't know him, be prepared to find him married already or just not interested for some reason or other. It won't be the end of the world. Try again with another guy. Eventually you will get a positive responce. Don't be frightened to talk to guys. Remember, you have nothing to lose.

Just don't go too far too quickly with the first guy you meet. You don't want to do anything you might regret in the future.

Chat more if I can help! Take care, stay safe! I'm always here.

• you can learn flirting whenever. and if you're at least average on the societal attractive scale then you most likely won't be alone forever.

• What you mean not worthy?

You ugly or something?

• work out then, guys hardky turn diuwn girls with great body. If you aren't able to di even that, than maybe you should settle with someone less attractive, because you dont deserve something better...

• Just going to say the cold hard truth:

Men will sleep with a lot of different girls, because men have a high sex drive and like variety.

Most non-marriage relationships involve a girl going for a guy who is more attractive than she is. The girl feels unworthy, and usually the guy won't stick around because he knows she is inferior to him.

This leads to dissatisfaction among many men and women. Women are dissatisfied because they can't get an attractive guy to marry them, even though they can get them to have a short term relationship with them.

Men are dissatisfied because the women they marry are already accustomed to guys more attractive than they are, so they enjoy sex less with the married man. Often this leads to divorce.

You feel like you're going to be alone because you most likely will be. You will not lower your standards to date men of equal worth to yourself, so you will only sleep with more attractive men. These men will obviously not marry you, as they can easily marry even more attractive women.

What Girls Said 2

• If you feel depressed all the time it may be a sign that you're not coping and dealing with built up emotions. Is there any way you can get to a therapist or any other kind of professional person? I'm sensing you need a person who you can confront your issues and insecurities with you.

• Beauty is only skin deep.
    What are you going to do when he gets old and fat? Dump him?

Or are you just looking to have fun and mess around? If thats the case i know a ton of hot guys that will sleep with average girls and some will less than average girls and move on.

Its not settling for someone less attractive when you realize looks aren't as important as you thought.