Is it shallow to turn someone down because of their looks?

i talk to this guys sometimes and his personality is alright but i just don't find him attractive so i wouldn't really want to pursue a relationship with him. I'm not physically attracted to him whatsoever.. is that shallow? i don't want to be mean and turn him down but i just don't see him like that

Most Helpful Guy

• It depends if you do not accept any flaws in a person then yes it is shallow. However, looks matter to everyone to some degree. You do have to have a certain level of physical attraction to someone but at the same time if you think you are going to date a movie star looking guy then you will remain single. So it is a balance. If you have no physical attraction to him what so ever it is not shallow. Some people will tell you it is but it is not. Looks do play a part.

• In other words there is what is normal and having ridiculous standards and if a person has ridiculous standards they are shallow.

Most Helpful Girl

• If you aren't attracted then that is just the way it is. I think attraction is based on more than physical appearance but the fact that you said his personality is "alright" and not a more exciting term like "awesome" then I think your lack of attraction is based on more than just his looks. Do both you and him a favor and turn him down - you deserve to be with a guy you are attracted to and he deserves to be with someone who is attracted to him. If you go out with him you will most likely leave him or be tempted to cheat on him when someone you are attracted to comes along.

What Guys Said 6

• No its not. I wouldn't date s ugly girl who had a great personality. U gotta be average looks great personality

• That doesn't make you shallow

• No it's not unless you have ridiculous standards.

• ur not attracted to him... thats not shallow,

• Well at lease you admit personality means shit I've been saying for years.

• Well if guys do it, girls can too butttt, does that make it moral

What Girls Said 3

• It's not.
    You need some attraction to be there.
    You don't have to like anyone, not obligatory.
    Just so you're not leading him on.
    That, IS wrong however.

• No, that's not shallow

• No it's not shallow.