Guys, is it a bad idea to tell him this?

I've been dating this guy for a month now and I because it's slightly short distance I see him from Friday till Monday every week (so we've been on a lot of dates). He's going away next weekend to party with his friends in another city and I can't stand the idea of him kissing with other girls. That's why I'm considering telling him that he should feel free to hook up with other girls if that is what he wants, but that he should tell me so I know I can back off and go, because in that case he doesn't feel the same way about me as I do about him. Is this a stupid thing to say or not?

• Yes it's a stupid thing to say, you'll scare the shit out of him
  • No go for it, it shows you like him

Most Helpful Girl

• so you are worried about him messing about with other girls so you will tell him he is ok to do so? are you nuts? he will be out there kissing and messing about with any girl in sight... its like giving a kid $100 and telling them they can spend it on anything and them going to a candy store and you expecting them to walk out empty handed! You have been dating a month, tell him you dont want him to mess around with other girls. If he says tough them he doesn't like you as much as you like him.

• It's just that I don't want to put a label on it.. if I tell him not to hook up with other girls I might come across as super possessive and too emotionally attached. What if it's too soon for him and I mess things up? He doesn't even want to give me a kiss in front of his friends yet.

• And not in front of his family either, he said it was "too soon"? It already gave me a bad feeling at that time.. I thought it was just because it was the first time I met his friends.

Anyhow I will definitely tell him I will not appreciate him going for other girls because I truly care about him. And if he says what is wrong with you then I know it's time to go...

• Good! You are way better than being treated like that :) x

What Guys Said 2

• How do you know he'll be kissing others?

• if he cheats on you find someone who appreciates you

What Girls Said 1

• Why don't you talk to him about where you guys are at in your relationship? Tell him you would like to be considered exclusive.