What is your ''pedo limit''?

Let's say there's a person who is 25 (because most of you think that's tha age where you're fully developed.). He's dating a younger person. You look at them and think ''Hmm... there's an age gap between them, but I don't think this person is a pedophile.'' How old is the person they're dating? For me, it would be 16.

Don't say ''18 because younger than that is illegal.''. Assume you make the laws. This question is about your opinion, not law.

Most Helpful Guy

• https://xkcd.com/314/

Standard Creepiness Rule.

https://imgs.xkcd.com/comics/dating_pools.png

14/2+7 = 14
    15/2+7 = 14.5
    16/2+7 = 15
    17/2+7 = 15,5
    18/2+7 = 16
    20/2+7 = 17
    21/2+7 = 17.5
    22/2+7 = 18
    23/2+7 = 18.5
    24/2+7 = 19
    25/2+7 = 19.5
    26/2+7 = 20

You are a creep if you for example are 22 and you date under 18.

In Hungary, 14 is the age of consent, so I calculate from there.
    13 gives you 13.5 anyways (and 13.5 gives 13.75) , which breaks its own rule in inverse.

• Wow you really thought this through didn't you? What is the basis of your theory?

• @GamerArtNerd yeah that is excessive, to be honest. In my country, age of consent is 14 (or at least it certainly used to be, but it is at least 16). A 17 and a 23 dating isn't nearly as odd as a 16 dating a 32. I'd say it is a bit odd, but not as severe. 18 is an arbitrary number in this regard.

• I still see nothing wrong with the age difference in itself though. Sure in many cases it may be a parasitic relationship. The 32 year old may only be after sex or the 16 year old may only be after his money. But it's not always the case and I see nothing inherently "sick" about it. Maybe a little weird/abnormal but not sick.

Most Helpful Girl

• Pedophiles are attracted to prepubescent children. Ephebophiles are attracted to teenagers.

• We shouldn't have a word, really. How is it wrong to be attracted to a person who is almost an adult

• Not really, you're just simplifying it

• There is also Hebephilia for attraction to pubescent teenagers.

Anyway, more to the point. For men girls are physically attractive the moment they reach a certain state of development (aka being fertile) for simple biological reasons. Obviously there is also the mental aspect that while there might be some physical attraction to a, lets say 14 years old doesn't mean most guys would do anything with her due to the lack of maturity.

What Guys Said 22

• I think if you are under 18, You should NOT be fucking people over 20. Its fucked up.

I think 16 is a fine youngest age.

It makes me sick when you see 14/15 year old girls banging 21 year old guys.

• Well you want to know the reason why?
      Women around that age are with 30yrs+ Guys

• for sex? as long as she looks mature.
    for dating? as long as she acts mature.

you can't really place an age on that, but on average 20+ tends to be the about the right age. But that's just on average. I've met 16 year olds that look like they are in their mid 20's, and I've met 40 year olds that act like they are still 12.

• If she isn't old enough to live on her own and legally support herself (as in can support herself without having to deal drugs or become a prostitute), she's too young.

• Depending on the age gap but I would be concerned if one partner was under 20 and there was more than a 3 year gap

• If she can't pay rent, she's too young.

Lets say, however, she's paying rent, doing well, lives on her own, but is 16. At that point, it's 21. Mostly cause I assume you're not gonna be immature and stupid at that age.

• You're immature and stupid before 16?

Supporting yourself isn't about age. It's about being able to get a job. When you're young, you're not out of school. Whgen you're not out of school, you can't get a well paying job. It's not because you're ''stupid''

• What I mean is we all know most people tend to be really immature and make idiotic decisions around that age. We still do as we get older, but that's like a peak point in immaturity and brain development and such. So yes, you tend to be quite dull at that age and that applies to both genders just so you know.

Of course we have smart and mature people at 16, but its a fact that those people are of a minority that is left alone.

• 18 because I'm not dealing with 16 year old girl problems.

There's some 15 year olds that could get it, but their youngness is too off putting and not worth jail time.

Bints need to stop dressing older than they are because I'm sick of feeling like a POS for looking at them and wanting to fuck them.

• 16 is perfectly legal. I like girls of any age. Find big age gaps sexy though.

• 15 would be my absolute limit. Albeit, most teens in that generation are pretty fucking stupid, at least here in America.

• see, like, i wonder about that. i met a hot, funny lifeguard, then found out she's 15. i actually felt kinda bad afterwards.

• Half his age plus seven. So, he's supposed to date someone at least 19.5 years old.

• Im 38 i dont date anything under the age of 27 because although i believe love has no age requirement or love is blind and i also believe your only as old as you feel the age gap does make a difference maturaty wise see I've seen that men and yes women too dont get out of highschool maturaty untill at very least 27

• I think its creepy if she is younger than 18, and that he is a pedophile if she is younger than 16.

• Assume I make the laws? Honestly, it depends on the age that she at least mentally matures. If she's not mature, even at 25, then there's no reason to be dating someone yet. Whatever age she is mature would be the age I would say it's okay.

• actually, 16 is legal in many states... i'd say, a 25 year old dating 16 is not so good. 17, a bit better. 18, okay. but when i was 19 i felt bad about dating 16...

• If I had to chose probably 16-15 at the youngest because any less than that girls are just not physically developed and look like children.

• I'm 23 and the youngest girl I've dated was 18, and that's the youngest I'd go. Anything lower is just weird in my opinion

• I think people put too much of a labe

• Submitted that before i was ready...

As i was saying, i think people put too much of a label on age. I think overall physical and mental maturity happens differently on an individual basis and should be treated as such. I've known people who smoked and drank illegally since they were like 12 with no incidents. Some of the most mature and wise people I've met were in their mid teens and I've met an overwhelming amount of adults who are far less ready for sex than most teens and end up making dumb mistakes.

• I'm 24 and youngest girl I'd date or have sex would be 19 but they tend to be very immature so I would really have to like her. I prefer girls my age or a bit older even 26-29.

• I would say a 30 year old going out with a 15 year old is a bit much, and anyone over 18 going out with a 14 year old is, but maybe that's just because I've been brought up with similar expectatiions

• 15-16 - tjat's it.

• My pedo limit boils down to: Don't sleep with anyone who is older than your mother.

• I say if the person is younger than 16 then yeah that's pedophilia. 16 then the 25 year old must have written consent from the parents. Maybe some kind of card or something. 17 and older is fine.

• Oh you mean me? I wouldn't be with a chick under 18. She has to be at least able to buy a pack of cigs.

• *or boy

• Oh, I get it now. But it should be more formal, so they can't press charges

• My rule is that she needs to be able to legally purchase her own alcohol. If she can't do that, she's too young.

• It's 21 in the US!

• Well then, 21 would be the youngest I'd consider.

What Girls Said 10

• Well as for right now... My final limit of dating a guy is 20 and that's because it's only 3yrs.

• Here in Italy the legal age limit is 16, but I`d say 15. I was 16 when I met my boyfriend who was 23 and we`re still together so it`s not a big deal for me.

• Italians agree with me.

• I just ask my questions in a way they would suit Americans, like we give our height in inches, because majority of this site is American. I'm actually not from America and my mom is married to someone 7 years older than her. My grandparents, 3 years. My aunt, 15, years, and it ended quite badly after 11 years of marriage and a son.

• I think it really depends on the two people involved, on their past experiences, interests, characters etc. I personally don`t get along with people of my age range, so... But I don`t see anything wrong as long as both are happy together.

• 19 years would be hitting the "pedo limit" in my mind. Don't know why, but I think of 20 as a sort of transition age, where you find it difficult to relate to someone under 20.

• At least 17, anything lower is just pushing it.

• I still say around 19 or 20 for maturity reasons.

• I would think it's nobody's business but his and hers.

• He has to be able to get it up and enjou sex so 14

• I'd say 18, not because it's legal but because to me, a 16-17 year old person would not have many things in common with a 25 year old man. 16-17 year olds have different interests than a 25 year old. They have very different lives.

• There isn't that much of a difference as you make it to be.

• You'll see the difference when you get there.

• I don't want to sound like an angry teen, but really, I won't. A 25yo is probably still in college or just graduated. 16 and 17 are in high school. 18 is a college freshman. At most, there are 9 years between them. What they like won't differ that much.

• 18 because a person younger than that is still a teenager to me.

• When I was 17 I dated a guy who was 27. For 16 I think 24 being the oldest.

• That's messed up the difference in maturity and life experiences are drastic.