How do I get a girlfriend/ one night stand if I have social anxiety?

I'm 19 now and finished my first year at university and it has quite easily been the worst year of my life. I've had social anxiety since I've been 12 and It's caused me to have no friends and I'm still a virgin. I;ve been told that I'm attractive before so I'm guessing to in general that I would be an average looking guy. I dress trendy and have good hygeine too.

I used to be quite relaxed but after seeing what i've seen other guys my age do I've become quite jealous and feel so low. I just see very few options. I know people want their first to be special but what's the actual point. I have completely missed out on my teen years due to social anxiety and I couldn't care about what I do now. I could focus on bettering my life atm but that could take absolutely ages or it might even never happen. I really want to experience what majority of other uni students my age are experiencing.

I've talked to my doctor about it and she prescribed me Citalopram but it's been over 2 weeks and has done **** all. I;m also waiting for my CBT referral to go through which could take a year. I'm just so clueless as to what to do now. Seeing guys who are complete douches in relationships/ enjoying casual sex is frustrating me. I've become an absolute miserable prick. I just want to live life. Please don't reply with sarcastic or horrible answers, it would not matter if you did as I'm rock bottom at the moment but please do refrain from doing so.

Most Helpful Guy

• Like the other guy said, just get out there and do it. One friend of mine approached women with, "Nice shoes, wanna fuck?" He got turned down a few score times, slapped more than once, but eventually one chick looked him up and down and said, "Sure."

Just do it. Worst case, you're told no, and life moves on.

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 4

• My honest opinion, same my I did it.
    Baptism of fire man.

Get out there, get hurt, disappointed, humiliated.
    After awhile the pain of this will fade with each experience.
    All you have to do is keeping going on at it.

Good luck.

• Citolphram doesn't work been there done that

• 0|0
  • You may have Aspergers , it gets in the way of trying to socialize. But you just have to keep at it, maybe just hire a sex therapist or get a massage that has extras