Guys, how to ask a guy out?

How would you like to be asked out? I am trying to bring up the courage to ask this guy out. The thing is, we don't see each other that often. Do you think he'll find it weird? My fear is that he'll tell all of our mutual friends and it will be awkward. What should I say?

5

Most Helpful Guy

• Question before I answer. When you say you don't see each other often, how often is often?

However, in most cases, there is no harm in asking a guy out. The worst he can say is no, and friends usually draw a line of things they won't push you about. When asking a guy out, the most difficult part is gaining courage yourself.

Some tips:
    1.) Confidence -- Shy can be cute, but just make sure you go up to him and ask him personally. Not a text or email. Also, please don't be like my one friend who was too shy to ask a girl out on a date, so he invited her and me as an awkward third wheel.

2.) Being direct -- Make sure he knows it is just the two of you going. You don't want him to feel tricked into thinking it was a group. Be sincere and tell him what you want.

3.) Talk to him alone -- No friends around him.

That's all I got. If I think of more I'll post them. Just remember that you can do this! It won't be awkward regardless. It is better to go and get rejected for a week of regret than never ask him and have a lifetime of regret.

• Thank you very much! I see him tonight but like I see him 10 times a year total I think. I was actually planning on asking him out on facebook..

• It is hard but I will try :)

• Yep, good luck! Don't overthink it. You can do this!

What Guys Said 4

• Just find a chance to talk even if for s short time and ask him if he'd like to go out and do something sometime, worst case he says no, and remember it's only awkward if you make it that way, if you go on and don't change your ways if he says no it'll likely be just fine. You only got one life, take the chance.

• Thank you! So true :)

• You could try seeing if he has any mutual friends, perhaps a girl/guy that you also are friends iwth. ask this friend to caually strike a conversation and have them bring you up. then, if your wingman or wingwoman can tell them that you are into him, and to ask you out, he will get the sense to do it. I would try this method first, if you don't like the idea of being the one to ask him out.

• Thank you, good idea!

• Just ask him out for coffee or to lunch or something the next time you see him. I don't think it's rocket science or anything.

• "Hey, what are you doing this weekend, wanna go out and get dinner?"