Has anyone ever dated their coworkers?

If so, how did this happen?

How long were you two together?

Was it weird working together?

Did everyone at the company find out or you came out and told them?

Was it difficult working together?

Most Helpful Guy

• It was a mutual attraction

We were together about a year

Not at all

Everybody knew because we lunched and breaked together. It was obvious

Not at all

• Why did it end? I guess I always lunch with my coworker but I consider him only as a friend. I hope I'm not giving off that impression lol.

• I don't have any regrets nor did it affect my or her career but we were probably the exception rather than the norm. I wouldn't recommend doing it until you both weigh all possibilities

Most Helpful Girl

• I'll have to come back to this question in a few weeks, lol. I may or may not have accepted a date with a coworker for Friday. We'll see if it continues at all.

I feel like I shouldn't have said yes, just because he's a coworker. But he's so nice and funny. T. T

• Keep me posted ! I'm actually very curious lol. Do you think we all should break this social norm we as a society have adopted. I mean if you both like each other why would other people opinions matter.

• I will! I think the biggest issue is just that things can get weird if there's a messy break-up or hurt feelings or something. Personal issues shouldn't get in the way of work, you know?

Other than that, I see no reason not to go for it!

What Guys Said 6

• I would NOT do this. if it doesn't work out, and often it doesn't, the recriminations and bitterness fester. You could even be falsely accused of things you never did.

I suppose if it is a large enough corporation, you could be in different departments and not have problems, but otherwise, the rule is "Don't Sh** where you eat..."

• Tried it.

There was a connection, but it didn't happen.

We don't work together anymore, but we're still good friends.

Learned a lot. It was my first time actually trying to date someone.

• I really want to date wanna my coworkers!

• I wanted to, but, was too old for them. Also, it's not allowed in most companies as most companies fear rape accusations

• Haven't really dated any coworkers, but I have done some things with them! Lol

• yeah, and it's a bad idea.

• actually i change my mind, who knows, he could be THE ONE. i'm just saying, what if it doesn't work out? depends on your job/career too i guess

• True, you never know right. It could be your future wife/husband you see everyday at work. If it doesn't work out then you don't regret not trying right? Why do you like someone but is afraid to pursue it because society has this negative feeling towards dating a coworker?

What Girls Said 2

• I have. It was during my summer internship at an oil company. He was in the geology department and I was in the engineering department.

We were together almost two years after the summer term ended.

We didn't actually see much of each other, being in different departments and working on different projects.

Some people found out, but it didn't really matter to them.

• I have! Honestly its a very bad idea... Because if you ever argue it'll just be awkward to be around them at work. & if things dont work out it'll be even more awkward. Don't ever date a coworker. Its never good.