Girls, is it romantic to invite a girl to a concert?

11

Most Helpful Girl

• Compare:
    Man asked me out and showed up with a plan to see a musician I don't like but he loves. Wasn't very fun and seemed selfish.
    Man asked me out to check out a genre that was new to me and invited me to bail if I didn't enjoy it. Wasn't my favorite music, but I enjoyed having him introduce me to something he loved.
    Man asked me out to a performance he knew I would love even though it really wasn't his thing. It was a birthday present to me and it seemed like the most generous, indulgent gift possible.
    I thought the second and third pretty romantic.

What Girls Said 10

• Well, it depends on what type of music and whether she likes it or not. Taking a girl to a metal concert isn't going to be the most romantic experience, for example, and it's going to be even worse if she's not really into the band (though I'd actually love to be taken to a metal concert so this wasn't a good example :P )

• No, it sounds more like what a friend would ask another friend. It's fine to ask your girl out to a concert once you are dating for a while and you can do casual things like so, but for making first impressions or in a new relationship, keep it at a more romantic level. And I mean something like a nicer restaurant. Not too expensive, just a place you can chat and connect. At a concert, you won't do much connecting because you won't be doing much talking.

• I was going to answer, but @oldlady said what I was thinking better than I could. Depends on the music and the girl's taste -and what your backup plan is.

• It's not "romantic" but I'm sure many girls would love it... Except if it us her favorite band, that can be kind of romantic... It also shows that you pay attention to the things she likes

• depends on the girl

• It's not necessarily romantic, but if she likes the band, then it's a GREAT idea lol

• I wouldn't say it's romantic but I can't think of a young girl who wouldn't be thrilled if her partner was taking her to a concert for a band she loves! Go for it :)

• For me personally, it's defiantly a yes. If a guy took me to a concert I would be so happy. It's really all dependent on the girl, and whether she likes that genre of music, or if she's not that much of a music fan

• Its not exactly romantic, but if the girl likes music and like the band or singer she wouldn't have problem with it

• No. It's loud and rowdy. How is that romantic