What is a good way to let a girl know that you like her but you don't know if you want to date her?

ok let me rephrase it. How do I let a girl know that I'm into her but I don't know if I want to date her yet?

Most Helpful Girl

• Walk up to the girl, introduce yourself if you haven't, and tell her you'd like to get to know her better.

If you know her, just tell her you're interested in her and would like to get to know her more to see if you two would be compatible... if she's interested as well.

What Girls Said 25

• Don't tell a girl you like her unless you want to date her. I have had guys do this and it is the most confusing and frustrating thing. You should really think about it and see where your crush goes before you tell her, find out she feels the same way, and get her hopes up. Or if she doesn't like you, then you will just feel weird about how you told her about a small crush and it will be awkward.

• Definitely don't do that because that is leading her on whether you realize it or not. Make sure you really do want to date her before you hint at all.

• That's just weird...
    How can you like someone you don't know?
    And before you say you know her - how can you know someone but not know if you want to date them or not?

Say nothing. Just hang out with no promises...
    You can't put dibs on someone and expect them to wait until you make up your mind.
    She just might find someone else while you're making up your mind.

• Why tell her at all? I mean, if you aren't serious about it, what's the point?

• It sounds like you would like to get to know her better. What girl wouldn't be flattered? It means you are actually taking her seriously and respect her. I would tell her exactly that, that you respect her, and that you like her, but you would like to get to know her better before dating her.

• Honestly always the best policy.. its that simple ;-)

• Just say it straight up like that, a guy's just reasently told me this and I've liked him for a while, what's the worse she can do, say no and then regret it later

• Just use your words, tell her exactly what you feel. You can't control how she will react.

• I get what you mean. As much as you like someone, it doesn't mean you like them enough to be exclusive and not want to see what else is out there. That's fine and its good you're looking for a way to be honest about it rather than be sneaky or lead them on.

I think that just saying you're unsure if you want to be serious can't hurt. Just explain that you don't want to waste your time and you're still feeling them out and if it will work for you for the long term. I assume this is if she asks you for your thoughts though. I think also ending it with saying that you still want to keep seeing her is good though too so she doesn't feel completely rejected.

• How do I let a girl know that I'm into her but I don't know if I want to date her yet?

You don't. You only tell her you're into her IF and WHEN you want to date her. You don't leave her hanging like one out of a thousand branches on a tree.

• Just tell her that you're not interested in her and behave accordingly - it saves a lot of unnecessary confusion and frustration.

• Use words. I find them invaluable for communicating my feelings and thoughts to those who haven't learned to mind read yet.

• I think that you should maybe wait until you know what you want to do. Cause if she ends up liking you back, and wants a relationship. Then you say you don't know if you want to date, it'd probably mess her around. And frustrated, that she wasted her time

• just tell her to hang out with you! get to know her better... and take it from there!!!

• tell her and do not lead her on

• Tell her you like her but your not sure if you want to get too serious.

• Be her best friend. X

• Be good and kind to her but don't show motives.

• Just be friends oh and no hooking up

• go out as friends and see where things go from there... dont talk about anythingserious cuz u dont wanna ruin things

• Tell her. You might be nervous but girls always want the guys to just tell them what your thinking.

• *In Arnold Schwarzenegger voice* Come with me if you want to bang.

• Don't tell her you like her until you're ready to date her. If you tell her you like her and don't wanna date that would just be confusing.

• Well I don't know..
    Since that won't logically make sense to most people but lines I hear most people on here complain about being told are " I like you but I just want to stay friends for now" and/or " I like you but I don't want a relationship at the moment" either or..

They usually don't go well because they're so generic but if you insert some real honest personal reasons it should suffice much better than a generic response.

Given you're reason from the comment: Maybe something along the lines of I like you but I'd rather wait until we knew each other better before dating..

But that will be confusing and/or misleading since the point of dating is to get to know someone.. So use one of your other reasons in addition if you choose to go that route.

• How can you like someone but don't want to date them?

• Well for one I'm still getting to know her. Another reason is that I don't know that she likes me. Want some more reasons?

• You can tell her she's your best friend and talk about other girls

• Dude - the whole point in dating someone is to get to know them...

What Guys Said 5

• Don't confess. That's the most important thing.

I mean, how is anyone supposed to react to a "maybe but I'm not sure yet so please hold back but still act like maybe it can come true"?

What you need to do is to try to chat with her more, show more concern. This will let you understand her better, and understand if you really do like her. It would also tell her that this guy here seems to like her kinda, but she's not entirely sure if her judgment is right.

Of course, don't play any mind games either. Do it naturally and with the best intentions.

• I'm confused. The whole idea of dating is to get to know someone. There isn't any point where you don't know someone well enough to date them. Maybe you don't know them welll enough to marry them, or move in with them, or even have sex with them, but that's why you date.

• Don't say anything.

The best way to view dating is as a war. Would you tell the enemy your battle plans?

• If you like her why wouldn't you want too date her.. don't lead her on

• Don't tell her, you'll just confuse the hell out of her.