Just ranting here?

So, I've been feeling terribly ugly and disgusted with myself. I feel like no guys want me because I am not pretty enough to their standards. I feel as if all my friends have these guys they talk to or like them and/or date them, while I am the ugly one standing off. I am usually the ugly one in my group of friends, not sure if it's because of the way I look or because I don't have the body that they want. My older sister tells me it's just because some guys are shy and don't know how to approach me. But I feel like she's just trying to make me feel better. Any opinions, be hones too please.

Most Helpful Girl

• STOP RIGHT THERE.

1) DON'T compare yourself to others.
    2) You're ARE beautiful.
    3) Being single doesn't necessarily mean you're undesirable.

I know how you feel. There was a time I was completely self conscious because I had always been told how ugly I was on the daily. I've never dated anyone as well. It's honestly okay.

When you arise in the morning, look into the mirror and tell yourself "you are beautiful, smart, and desirable." Whether you believe it or not doesn't matter. If you do this every single day, you'll eventually start to believe it, and that's a promise.

Also, your sister may not be wrong. There are people so attractive that everyone feels intimidated and like they're not good enough, so who knows.

• But, I've tried that. Every time I look in the mirror, I feel unhappy with myself. I'm turning 17 this Saturday and I feel so unaccomplished with relationships. I can't help, but to compare myself to others because my parents do it to me all the time. I am compared to my beautiful cousin who is only 2 months older than I am and she has the amazing body, does her own makeup, guys are at her all the time. It's like whenever I go out, they don't even look at me twice. It's either they look at the person I am with (older sisters, best friends, cousin) and I am invisible.

I don't understand what is wrong with me. I know I am not the prettiest flower, but I am a sort of smart girl.

I doubt that they feel intimdated by me because I am not an intimdating person at all. I can even walk somewhere with confidence, I always look down and don't say anything. I worked with prettiest girls in school on a project and I keep myself to myself because I didn't want to get in their way.

• You shouldn't want to be in one just because your friends are, especially if they just use guys and throw them away. You shouldn't strive to be like that, but I understand your want. I think about being in one all the time, but I usually stay occupied anyways and remember that I've got all my life. There are some girls who never get a date in high school but have guys all over them once they start college.

Just know that there's nothing wrong with you. Maybe you just don't need to date someone right now. Being curvier may help her but don't try to be like her. Perhaps you could get a make over to boost your confidence? I could give you tips if you want? I don't wear makeup but I could still give some advice and talk to you personally in DM?

You probably won't be single forever.

• I just followed you, but I doubt makeup would work. I think I look disgusting with makeup on. I've tried it before and I looked a hot mess. Plus, I have pretty big lips for lipstick colors. So they usually look awful on me.

What Guys Said 1

• If you want a date, you approach a guy

• I am old fashioned, I want the guy to approach me. I want him to talk to me first because I feel like I would babble and look stupid if I say anything.

• Supplements are good if you're not getting enough from your diet. Eat healthy and lift healthy. I highly doubt you're ugly

• I just PM you, you can judge.

What Girls Said 2

• I used to feel the way you did. But now I have a boyfriend. I met him through a friend and as I dating him I started to change my appearence. I don't think your ugly. We all look beautiful in our own ways. It took me two years to get a boyfriend who I can see everyday who I can lay down with.

• You're lucky, I just don't feel as if I am pretty or beautiful. I look at myself every day in disappointment. I blame my mom and dad because they created such an ugly being while my sisters are gorgeous and beautiful. My beautiful cousin, who is the same age as I am; gets all this attention because she's so pretty, I tried to change my appearance, took it from magazines, instagram, tumblr, I tried to change my look. But, I don't like my body to show because it isn't anything special. It's just nothing really.

Only time guys talk to me is to talk about how big my boobs are and insult me about how dark, ugly, and single I am.

• You will find the guy. TRUST ME. I was surprised that he shook my hand. I was suroirised he came looking for me. Your beautiful no matter what. And you better listen to these people that do call u beautiful

• I want to believe that I could be pretty or beautiful, but I doubt that will happen unless I have some surgery to get some things I want for myself.

I'll find him when I changed everything about me to everything I think is ideal for me.

• So, you are the DUFF in this group? Well, what if you dress better, wear a bit of make up like some blushers and mascara and lip gloss, style your hair, or loose some pounds, if you are fat.

• I am actually skinny, I am black so doing my hair is a bit difficult. I think makeup looks disgusting on me (I've tried before for one of my dance concerts and I looked terrible.), believe it or not, I actually dress pretty well.