If a girl rejects you romantically: would you rather be ignored or friend zoned?

I used to be friendzoned when I was younger. As I got older I learned to be more straight up about what I want. I occassionally get romantic with girls but when I don't get completey ignored. Part of me is proud of myself for "maning up more" and avoiding the friend zone. However to be completely honest I do get quite lonely at times.

Thoughts on what's worse?

• Rather be friend zoned
  • Rather be ignored

Most Helpful Girl

• It's healthier for a dude to be ignored if all he wanted was a romantic relationship - that way he can move on much faster.

• good response. Notice how most guys would rather be ignored. Actually the best thing a girl can do is say "hey you are a good guy but I'm just not interested... sorry". I didn't provide that option because most girls I've met don't have that kind of class (although a few do)

• Yeah - otherwise there's always this hope... but nothing comes of it and that's where the bitterness sets in.
      And all that is completely unnecessary.
      Live and let live. =)

Most Helpful Guy

• I would rather be ignored. The Friend Zone is the Hurt Zone in my experience. Your friendship will in almost all cases only last as long as she is single. Meaning it wasn't true friendship anyway, just a relationship of convenience.

And of course the fact that you will always be left secretly (or not so secretly) wishing for more. Some people claim to be content in the friend-zone but I believe this has more to do with them putting their own interests last, instead of first. Ultimately it rarely benefits you.

What Girls Said 5

• Well if I was in your situation and it was a guy, I would rather be ignored. I think it would hurt me a lot more knowing that I wanted to be romantically involved with a guy who rejected me. That would sit in the back of my head and weigh me down. So ignoring me would be at best.

• thank you. The thing about being friend zoned is hurts the guys ego. It makes him feel like an emasculated chump.

• because he doesn't think the same way as you. Men and women got to stop making the assumption about one another.

• I honestly didn't think of it that way. But I understand now

• I rather be friendzoned. I don't stay in the friend zone for long. They realise how fantastic I am and bam, I am girlfriend material.

• Depends how much you care about the person. I was best friends with a girl for years then started having feelings towards her & ended up telling her. She said she saw me as a sister so it was really hard for a while, I mean REALLY hard cuz I felt like I fell in love, but eventually it went away & we're still bff's to this day. 10 years of friendship & totally worth it.

• lesbian relationship might be different then girl/guy deal. A friend zoned guy feels like a "nice guy chump". Huge insult.

• You're bi Hun, not straight or gay. If you know you're attracted to women and have had relationships with them, ur bi

• @Dave20154 what does that have to do with it you fucking retard? Bi people have the same feelings, straight people have the same feelings, men, women, we all fucking know about love.

• No matter the situation, guys will complain. If we "friendzone" them we are bitches who are just after bad boys, if we ignore them, we are stupid mean bitches with no manners.

• nobody likes being rejected. However if you directly say "you're cool guy, but sorry I'm not interested" you have done your part. At that point if the guy complains he's a bitch plain and simple.

• again the best phrase is "you are cool, but I'm not interested. Sorry".

• Agreed

• for me as a woman id rather be ignored because the friend zone is just a place to watch him with her.

What Guys Said 10

• Friend zoned.
    Because i'm not a bitch who
    ll go all out angsty nice guy on her. I'll just suck it up and accept she values our friendship but isn't interrested in me romantically. And that will be fine too.
    I'll at least try to get over it, and if i can't do that i'll be honest with her that i can't, and let her decide what she want to do.

Oh, and for those arguing friendzone is fake friendship; no it's not, not if you were friends before feelings started fucking shit up. Because i beleive in knowing the person before dating, and i tend to not fall for people unless i know them.

• If she starts ignoring you or taking a long time to get back to you it's probably a good clue as to what's her stance in the social relationship.

• Fascinating. As of the time I write this, men and women are almost exact opposite mirrors of each other.

Oh, (insert obligatory remark about how the friend zone doesn't exist)

Asker, what do you mean by "However to be completely honest I do get quite lonely at times?"

• As of lately all of the woman who have rejected me have plain out ignored me period. No follow up texts, no polite rejections, just cold rejection (ignoring me).

• I would rather be ignored.
    I think in situations where I got friendzoned, I would probably just ignore her and move on.

• Well I've never been rejected so I have yet to know lol I suppose friend zoned I mean I'd rather not lose a friend as well.

• Well I've avoided girls that rejected me for the most part except for one that only said no because she has a boyfriend but she is an awesome friend.

• They might as well be the same thing

• Being Friend zoned by someone that you want to be intimate with and have feelings for is a painful and frustrating experience, I'd rather be ignored.

• Rejected. Ignoring people is cowardly. Friendzoning them is cruel.

• I was going to put "rejected" as one of the options but the majority of the women I've met don't have the class to do this tactfully. The best way to reject someone in my opinion is to say "you're cool, but I just don't feel that way. Sorry". But most girls I've met don't have the guts to say this. Not to say I'm beyond reproach. I've friendzoned and ignored girls when I was younger.

• I'd rather her jus not like my body than be repulsed by my personality too. So A, as long as she's frank about it.