Can a quiet guy and a talkative high energy girl work out?

I'm a pretty quiet introvert and the girl I'm talking to is very high energy and talkative. We like each other a lot but sometimes I feel drained after being with her so much. I'm afraid I won't be exciting enough for her, is there any cause for concern?

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm the same way. I'm relatively quiet irl, and i tend to gravititate toward girls who are more chatty - but not TOO chatty.

I like a girl who fills the silence, but doesn't over do it, ya know?

But if you say you feel drained when you are with her, is that emotionally? Or do you just feel tired? Can you explain why you feel drained?

• Sometimes I like to just be quiet and enjoy the moment, and she wants to constantly speak

• You're right, thank you

• No problem man, thanks for MHO 👍

What Girls Said 3

• If you feel drained every time you hang out with her, then yeah it might not work out so well.

But my boyfriend and I work really well even though he is more of an introvert/quiet type and I never really shut up. He's more talkative when it's one on one, whether with me or a friend, but in a group setting he tends to just sit back and listen to the conversation, every once in a while adding a witty comment and then fading back into the background.

• You say you feel drained that may be the cause for concern. Otherwise I think you canbalance each other. She can push you to reach out more and you can just show her quiet time can be good.

I'm kinda in the same situation. some things bugs me like when he puts his headphones in even before even saying goodbye but I get he needs to tune out. The fact that he is quiet is not an issue. I like him the way he is, wouldn't be the same otherwise

• No concern just act natural

What Guys Said 4

• its not impossible, he is quiet and can listen to her all day. that seems nice.

• It can work out if you both understand and respect each others needs.

If she can allow you your needed alone time and find ways to express her high energy needs and social life then it can work. When you are alone she could be with friends.

• I'm actually married to a high energy talkative woman. I'm quiet and introverted, but it works.

• It can be done. I was with in the same situation for many years. It can definitely work out.